Masland Oceanside

Discussion in 'Carpet Q&A' started by tdc, Jan 1, 2017.

1. tdc

tdc New Member

Hi, I'm new here and appreciating all the info. We're thinking of replacing existing carpet with Masland Oceanside, and have a few questions:

1. If you have experience with it, good or bad, could you share?

2. Stainmaster says Oceanside is a 'thin' carpet according to their "thin, medium, thick" scale. Is that a typo? Seems thick/dense to me. Carpet store says Oceanside is a 60 (face weight, I assume). Whereas the "Key West" and "Miami" styles in the same line are 50 and 70, resp.

3. Does anyone know the twist rating for Oceanside?

4. The only bad references to carpet in this line I've seen here are from 2 people years ago who had "Key West", only to have the wrong product installed, or, a less dense version of Key West installed, and Masland wasn't helping correct the problem. Any other things to be wary of?

Thanks!

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I'm so sorry no one has replied to your questions. I don't have any personal experience with that product, so I hope my reply will bring this to the attention of others on TFP that might help.

3. Nate Hall

Nate Hall Types With Elbows Senior Member Published

While I haven't installed oceanside I can state that Marland is a high quality mill. If an installation professional has been installing cheap carpet, then a Marland carpet will be tough to deal with. Make sure you get your carpet installed by a professional.

4. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Nate it is Masland. M-A-S-L-A-N-D After the second typo I wasn't to sure you knew.
    Masland is definitely a high quality mill.

:old:

Dars

5. Nate Hall

Nate Hall Types With Elbows Senior Member Published

Uh...That was a test, but don't worry, you passed.
    Actually spellchecker didn't like masland without a Capitol letter...:confused: