Mark I helped Canadas economy today

Discussion in 'Taking a Break From Flooring' started by Jon Scanlan, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I updated my wagon for work with a 2019 Ford ST Edge with about 17 thousand ks which is made in Canada NEW ONE.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jon Scanlan

This is the one I replaced as it is 13 years old and costing me too much on repairs About $4000 in the last couple of weeks
    Trade in value of the Falcon $500 full of rust 250.000 ks. Worth $350 on the books
    OLD ONE.jpg
    Both wagons have about the same room inside

3. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I could have never worked out of a vehicle that small. You must not need many tools or supplies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jon Scanlan

As i only do vinyl I dont need a lot of space for rubber carpet etc
    I can actually get 3m wide vinyl as long as its not a big roll into the back with it going through to the front window, 2m wide lays on the floor with the tail gate shut. Checking the new one both size rolls should still go
    It took me 4 hours to empty the old wagon out of 13 years stuff I "might" need one day BACK OF WAGON.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

You sure that’s not mark’s old work car?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Tom Potter

Tom Potter I Support TFP

Good lord, would you look at that.

Suddenly I feel great about the mess I work out of. Lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti Senior Member

I see hoarders going down the road more organized than that! Just messn with ya Jon, no way to organize I could post a pic of my shed, it’s only half full and I climb on top of everything.

Congrats on the update.

8. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

I haven't seen a station wagon since about the mid 1980's. I didn't even know they made them anymore.

I like the new ride. I've been eyeing that same vehicle myself. Well done Jon!

9. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

He don't need a lot of space because he is always on a cruise, or jetting off around the world. All he needs is one of those pregnant roller skates to hold a utility knife, roller, straight edge, and a trowel. Really a lunch box on wheels would work.

:old:

Daris

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jon Scanlan

The old wagon was a 4 litre petrol so I thought by dropping down to a 2litre Turbo diesel, thats the only motor you can get in NZ, would lack any boggie power. With the few ks I have driven it really surprises me with the power and I havent tried the sport mode yet which is meant to make it more sportise There is heaps of room in the back So far very pleased with it Just got to learn what all the buttons and safety things do
    It doesnt like backing up the rise on my drive which I think maybe the cameras on the back are picking things like walls up and stopping the car

11. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

You should get a small trailer to tow to keep the car nice.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jon Scanlan

Its bad enough around here with just a wagon due to the traffic and trying to find parking let alone having a trailer
    They are building apartments everywhere with most people having at least two cars I feel sorry for the bus drivers trying to get their buses around all the parked cars on the roads

13. Graeme

Graeme Pro Member

Nice car Jon. I hope we packed the back with Maple syrup from Quebec and a nice bottle of wine from British Columbia.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

Wine isn't what anyone wants from BC "Gram"

...that's my pun for the day

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Jon Scanlan

Graeme you guys put the wipers on the wrong side, every time I go to put the indicators on the bloody wipers go
    Nice wagon to drive slowly getting used to all the safety bits
    As it was an ex demo the car salesman probably got all the goodies in it

16. Mark Brown

I did that the first night I tried to turn the wipers on in the sprinter... they are opposite side to my other work van and I couldn't figure out why the rpm was so high... turns out I put it in neutral

17. Jon Scanlan

At least your Canadian friends put the steering wheel on the right side for us :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mark Brown

That was frindly of them ;)

19. Graeme

Graeme Pro Member

I remember driving a big station wagon on a surf trip to Oz... had an automatic transmission on the steering column. Every time I tried to turn on the indicator to signal a lane change, I ended up shifting into reverse. Drive safely.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Graeme

Graeme Pro Member

Top notch pun from our friend on the island! I was giving a presentation last week talking about moisture testing. They were asking if the RH was better than Calcium Chloride testing... I mentioned that every installer I knew that had a gram scale in the work van was using it for more than moisture testing. I will be sure to give them your number Mark ;)

• Funny Funny x 2