Make the Banner Ads & Links Go Away!

Discussion in 'TFP Support and Feedback' started by Jim McClain, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Dang blasted ads everywhere! Well, banner ads are most of what pays the bills around here. Contributions are way down the last year or so. I understand it's a tough economy for you because it's a really tough economy for me too. So, I came up with an idea that might help us both.

You can get rid of all these banner ads for 45 days, several months or up to 2 years. All it takes is what I hope you will consider is a small contribution. It will free up a lot of space and distraction from those colorful and sometimes undulating banner ads everywhere you look. Here's the plan:

For a $10.00 contribution, you can bannish all the banner ads for 45 days. You can re-do it every 45 days, or do it just once to see how you like it.

For 25.00, you can get rid of all the banner ads for 4 months. As with the 45-day plan, you can do it again in four months, or you can choose a different option.

For a contribution of 50.00, ads will be gone for 9 months. And again, when the subscription ends, you can re-up or choose any other option, or none at all.

There is a 75.00 option that gives you ad-free browsing on TFP for 15 months - a year and 3 months.

For your 100.00 contribution, you'll not see an advertisement for 2 whole years. Wouldn't that be nice?

Your contribution will help support The Floor Pro Community - it pays for server and software and helps ease the burden on my wallet. It might even be enough to help send me to Surfaces, the big convention in Las Vegas, to promote TFP to all the organizations, manufacturers and media. That can result in better industry recognition and support, along with new members who might be able to help us become better at what we do. You can choose any option you want, or you can decide that banner ads aren't all that bad afterall and just live with them.

Here is where you pick and choose your plan. Payment is through Paypal, or you can contact me via email or PM to arrange sending me a check or money order, if you prefer.

If you don't care about the ads, but still want to contribute...
    Your financial support is always welcome.

Let me know if you have any questions or problems. Whether you care about the banner ads or not, I really do appreciate you being here and any participation you have in the community.

Best R'gards,

Jim

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  2. Jim McClain

More Members Surf TFP Ad-Free Now

I wanted to make The Floor Pro Community more attractive to long-time members, so there have been some changes made to the system. In 2006, the year we had our start, we registered 228 members. That's a small number compared to the 2,151 that have registered this year. All of those early members have been sporting the Charter Member board ([​IMG]), but there hasn't been any special privileges to go with it... until now. None of those charter members will ever see another ad on TFP again. Thank you for being a member since 2006 and I hope those who have been gone a while will come back to enjoy an ad-free browse around the site and maybe stick around a bit longer.

Some of you may have also noticed a new board label under some member's names - maybe even yours. It is the Senior Member board ([​IMG]) and it means that member has been here for at least 3 years and has at least 3,000 posts. Those members also enjoy an ad-free environment here in appreciation for their long term participation. There are only 14 current members with that board, but we have a handful of members who are very close to getting it.

There is also the "I Support TFP" board ([​IMG]) that shows when a member has helped financially support TFP either through direct donation or through the ads-free feature described above (whenever I get a direct donation, I manually add it through the ad-free feature). At this time, there are only 19 members with that board hanging below their names.

I appreciate the support all of you provide to The Floor Pro Community, whether it is through your time and participation, or through your financial contributions. Every little bit helps. And I will try my best to repay you with a safe, secure and enjoyable place to talk floors.

Jim

3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Hey Jim, nice idea's
    Is there a section devoted to ads that I could go to , to look at that support TFP? I don't mind ads as long as not distracting and are relevant .
    On TV I kinda like some commercials better than the shows , will search them out sometimes when new , and of course the Super Bowl of commercials every year, when I think they play a football game.

4. Jim McClain

No, I don't have a page devoted to advertisements. Our only ad servers right now are Google Adsense. We don't currently have any industry sponsors. If and when we do, I will be sure to find a way to mention their support.

Since you are a TFP supporter, you don't see any ads. You have been the only regular contributor (monthly donation) for a while now. It has been a big help. Thank you.

Jim

5. Mike Antonetti

I consider it insurance that I actually use.
    I usually support around the 15-20th of the month, if I forget send me a pm.

6. Jim McClain

I don't THINK so. :ohno: It just wouldn't feel right. Sorry. :)

7. Mike Antonetti

Great, more relying on my memory.

8. Jim McClain

TWICE The Value For Your Dollars

There's only a few days left of 2016, so I am going to DOUBLE the amount of time you can browse TFP add-free until January 7, 2017. That means your...
    • $100.00 contribution will be worth 4 years of no banner or text ads on the forums.
    • $75.00 contribution is worth 30 months ad-free
    • $50.00 contributions are worth 18 months surfing ad-free
    • $25.00 contributions get you 8 months of ad-free browsing
    • $10.00 contributions will get you 90 days without any ads

I hope you will help support the needs of The Floor Pro Community by taking advantage of this offer now. Click HERE to get your ad-free subscription. After I receive confirmation of your contribution, I will manually change the expiration date on your subscription to show double the time you paid for.

If you would rather offer a smaller donation to support TFP, or any other amount not listed above, you can do that HERE. Whatever the amount, I appreciate all donations to help pay the bills.

Both of those options eventually lead to a Paypal payment queue, where you can pay through your own Paypal account or a credit card. Paypal has a long history of safe and secure transactions, so you shouldn't worry. But if you don't want to use Paypal, you can also donate by check, money order or cash, mailing it directly to me via the US Postal Service:

Jim McClain
    1919 Center St.
    Quincy, CA 95971

Thank you very much for your support of TFP.