LVP Nosing help.

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by LVP-DIYer, Sep 12, 2019 at 2:19 PM.

Tags:
  1. LVP-DIYer

LVP-DIYer New Member

Hello all,
    New to the forums, so if this is in the wrong space, please let me know and I'll move it.
    We are redoing the upstairs floor. Already purchased the flooring that we like.

Vesdura Vinyl Planks - 8.7mm WPC Click Lock - Contemporary Collection Weathered / 8.7mm / WPC / Click Lock

All is going well, just concerned about the nosing at the stairs. I do not see that the distributor of the planks carries any nosing. Is there someplace to find a piece? Any and all helpful suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

Wow, their installation instructions have some very strict limits on humidity and temperature. Then there are the requirements for transitions everywhere.
    Versatrim has transitions for just about anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Possibly a nearby flooring material supply house where the installers go to pick up sundry items, tools, etc.

4. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

‘Non-square rooms must have expansion or transition gaps separating them.’

So your L shaped living room has to be broken into 2 squares/ rectangles with a T-mold right down the middle?

Take a piece of flooring to your local box store and see if they have something that matches.

5. LVP-DIYer

LVP-DIYer New Member

Thanks, I'll look at the Versatrim site and see if they have something that works.

6. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

I'd consider having a compatible wood nosing custom milled. Find a local lumber yard or finish carpenter and let them make the right fit for your conditions. It's not just the flooring material but the contour of the stair/step to be factored in

Vinyl isn't really made to go on stairs.