LVP from flooring store or big box

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by Milk, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Milk

Milk New Member

Hi there,

I am looking at getting floating LVP for my kitchen and installing myself.

What is the difference between the level of LVP that flooring stores sell, eg Moduelo and Coretec, which costs up to $5.50 per square foot, and what Lowes and Home Depot sells for $2.50 (Stainmaster, etc)?

The thickness seems to be the same, so what should I be looking for when comparing them?

Thanks!

As an example, here are two I am comparing:
    https://www.ivcfloors.com/product/castle-oak-2351cl-2619gd/

https://www.lowes.com/pd/STAINMASTE...-Commercial-Residential-Vinyl-Plank/999948278

2. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

Click Moduelo will piss you off. There is a difference in quality between the cheap big box store LVT and the rest of the field. Now I know what you're thinkin. You're thinkin it says lifetime residential warranty on the side of the box. They all say that and they are all crap. ALL of them. Any potential problem that you may have with your floor has a .002% chance of being covered under said warranty. Anything else is due to installation related issues or end user issues. That is you and you if you install it yourself.

Spend a few extra bucks and get a decent quality floor. You won't regret it. Go to a local reputable flooring retailer. They actually have a little skin in the game. Spend a little more and have it professionally installed. Now you got a warranty you can stand on.

3. Milk

Milk New Member

Thanks Chris. That's what I suspected.

The Click Moduelo I'm looking at is from a reputable dealer, but are you saying that I should stay away from that particular brand/line too?

4. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

There are multiple brands out there each with their own individual way of locking together. Why play with the difficult one if you don't have to.