Lumber Liquidators CoreLuxe Cutting Methods

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by Cude36, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Cude36

Cude36 Pro Member

I'm installing the core Luxe LVP from LL. I use a jig saw for intricate cuts and this product is destroying my blades. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on a different method for cutting or blades that will last longer?

2. Tom Potter

Tom Potter I Support TFP

I use my table saw for as much of the cut as possible.
    LVP/LVT eats blades. That's just how it goes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Table saw is all you need for rips. I’ve been using an oscillating tool lately to speed up the intricate cuts without walking to a saw

5. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

PVC blades will last longer. I just bring a garbage can in and cut over that. I try to do as little unnecessary walking back and forth as possible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

The fewer tools I have to drag in the better. Jigsaw along side the bullettools cutter get me by. Down cut jigsaw blades is what I use.

7. Cude36

Cude36 Pro Member

Thanks for the suggestions

8. Mike Antonetti

Speed equals heat equals failure. Maybe cut slower, obviously quantify production! Other day I ran into installer about tool prices, I said eBay I get stuff, he states right away oscillating tool blades he gets.

But, I’d like to know how a PCD blade would do for the tablesaw, probably last forever but you’d need a bunch of teeth driving the price up.

9. Chris 45

Diablo has a 10” and a 12” Pergo blade. Pretty spendy. I thought about trying one just because I’m curious but then I’d have to carry 2 saws or change blades when I cut base and reducers. Don’t know how they would work on LVP.

10. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I was told once that the less teeth the better on tablesaw blades for laminate.

11. Mike Antonetti

I’m not sure now about using a tablesaw and what’s getting in the air(dust) created by cutting these various products stone composite core or basically anything China uses as filler.

Was going to say Chris I’d send you a gift card of 50$ to try the PCD as an incentive if you’d review it but can’t say putting that stuff in air is worth it. Been buying some stuff lately with prop 65? Cancer and reproductive harm warnings written all over the box. What the hell does that mean, for my vac hoses don’t touch them?

12. Chris 45

The saw hood helps and when I actually hook up a vac or my dust collector to it it makes just that much more difference. Enough of a difference that I’m comfortable cutting base inside now.

My suspenders come with a prop 65 warning on them.

5C68432B-7DD9-41E5-9C54-4AC65EF65D32.jpeg

• Like Like x 2