Looking for this stretcher gauge?

Discussion in 'Flooring Products, Tools & Supplies on EBAY' started by Daris Mulkin, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

2. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I have one I could sell if someone wants it.

3. CWEflooring

CWEflooring Pro Member

Do you still have it ? Sorry know this post is old just out of interest are they helpfull ?

4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I think at first it would be good to see the pressure on a gauge compared to the distance the carpet "stretched"

The dial gauge may be a pain to see, and controlling the exact number/pressure may get annoying.

Something like a torque wrench with a setting where it clicks at a determined rate would be better, but in the end you really feel what the carpet backing is doing, how it flexes in order to make it as tight as possible/reasonable without popping tackstrip out of floor.

I would like it just to see the numbers generated over various carpets, but after that I would calculate that into my head by feeling that tension and making note. Basically it would be a training aid and then wouldn't be used ever again.

5. kwfloors

Yes I do. Still in the box that I got it in.

6. CWEflooring

CWEflooring Pro Member

Hi kwfloors you got a pic ? Over here in uk we dont use power stretchers much alot of the younger generation of fitters give you a strange look when you mention using one and have never heard of one ! Most rooms we do are on average 4m x 5m but i still think were poss you should always use one also problem over here is the cost roughly £700 for a decent crain or roberts one imported from you guys in the U.S

7. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

That thing is cool...

8. East

East One Ban'd Dude!

I remember when they came out with these, I'd buy one if anyone has one for sale. I cant see the pic because its expired, but I remember its basically a gauge like on an air compressor that fits on a stretcher right?

9. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

These were around for years while I was installing. I never found it necessary to know the exact pressure the carpet was under while stretching. Why would I want to know that? :hu:

Attached Files:

10. East

East One Ban'd Dude!

Yep thats the one. Itd be a good tool to put on a stinger in order to check new installer hires for the tightness of their installations. I got 30 units coming up in addition to my usual workload and I cant possibly do them all myself .I will be hiring as many crews as I can, this way I'd know they were using a power stretcher. Correct carpet tention, seam appearance, vacuum presence, and of course the bill, all factors into whether or not that installer would continue to work for me the remainder of the year.

11. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

It's not how fast they install carpet, it's how well they install fast.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpBDDiQR80A&autoplay=1&app=desktop"]Spread the Word | John Deere Z535M ZTrakâ„¢: 30 - YouTube[/ame]

12. kwfloors

Every carpet is different on the gauge if how much pressure. Everyday would be different.