Looking for National 71 carpet puller

Discussion in 'Buy & Sell Flooring Tools and Equipment' started by John Jones, Oct 17, 2018.

1. John Jones

John Jones Jones flooring & demo service

• I am looking for a carpet puller does anyone have one that they will let go reasonable? I am in Mississippi I will pay shipping

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti Senior Member

Why would you want that? What about the badger? They look bulky to me though I did want to buy one from someone, they wanted 2200$ I’ve seen em go various conditions @150, 1k is about fair condition average. There’s the 72 also, heavier duty.

3. John Jones

I have never seen them in action but I use a 71 all the time. I have a National 5625. I want a walk behind and a carpet puller. What do you think is the best one?

Oh I forgot about my lighting riding machine next is a battery operated one

4. Mike Antonetti

I’ll look around for a National 71, I’m not sure which is better. To me ease of handling(size), force are priority. My situation now is I don’t need one. When we were installing various flooring I could see using it but when adhesive needed removal seemed like something that removed both at same time was more efficient. My walk behind did well but slow. There could be a few steps involved in just removing adhesive film.

The installer that used the one I was interested in buying used them for apartments/dorms multi level I guess his wife said, he passed away @50 yo. That was like 6 years ago.

5. John Jones

Well if you see one for sell hit me up mike and ty for your help!

6. Mike Antonetti

Will do, I’ll ad it back to my searching.

Ya know, I’m working on trying not to check TFP to the level of obsession when I miss stuff that’s been removed and then topic closed Dam if ocd doesn’t have its perks.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  7. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I got mine on ebay from a guy in NY. It works good when the carpet is really stuck. I see they are around $3300 new now.

8. Mike Antonetti

Couldn’t find a used national. The badger looks very mobile, 1/2 price.

Owned a Jeep and put on a Warn winch and was in military that transferred product with large winches so I’m bias if I see Mickey Mouse crap product attached to American steel!

CARPET BADGER Electric Carpet Puller machine NEW tool | eBay

Attached Files:

9. Mike Antonetti

It’s same price at allfloorsupplies but free shipping on eBay, not sure calling direct would be better price.

After the lid(carpet) is off, then what about the adhesive? Another machine, that’s why I like the scrapers unless another glob of adhesive for another carpet.

Then there’s the “home made” ones on utube, haven’t researched a 110volt fast 1/4” wire rope winch. Broken down to basics winch,drum,base,attachments. I think going with two pullers is more efficient instead of “watching” one. I’m not sure why National has a cage like at the fair for that dunking clown, snap back is for nylon rope, wire doesn’t do that.

And you know I’m multipurpose so a 12 volt with an inverter could work if the winch could be used elsewhere. Say to winch a vehicle onto a trailer. Example multipurpose- battery- generator, propane scraper,lawnmower,18hp pressure washer.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. kwfloors

That one, Mike is faster than the National puller. It looks lighter duty but works. I can peel up full 12' runs with the weight and gearing of the National. There is a manual one called the jackrabbit also.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  11. kwfloors

12. Mike Antonetti

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2018
  13. John Jones

Yes I saw it so I am going to by it ty mike for all your help

• Like Like x 1
  14. John Jones

Sometimes some times stuff happens lol

15. Mike Antonetti

Any weaknesses I’d like to know, strengths are expected.

16. John Jones

I will let you know! I will make a video of the 71 against it!

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. kwfloors

All there is to it is a winch on a metal plate, could just make one for less than a grand.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. John Jones

Yea I have thought about it I just never have a day off! I work 7 days a week! I am very blessed with work

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mike Antonetti

I was just looking up Tesla and their drivetrain issue. Problems at first and now they’ve done a million mile drivetrain with negligible wear. All it is is a car with an electric motor, how hard can that be.:eek: I’ve got several unfinished projects stored away, they’re not instant.

20. John Jones

Yea tell me I have so many thing going on around my house it’s not funny!

• Agree Agree x 1