Looking for an opportunity and can relocate pretty much anywhere...

Discussion in 'Looking For a Flooring Professional or Product' started by Mikey Lee, May 31, 2018.

1. Mikey Lee

Mikey Lee Pro Member

I will turn thirty nine at the end of the year and have been thinking it's time to finally put roots down some place... My life has revolved around working to travel... That lead to many memorable experiences abroad but left me with no solid foundation here at home.... I had my hopes set on working with a company based in Georgia but my visions didn't coincidence with their plans so it wasn't a good fit.... I want to be involved in the flooring industry in some form or capacity.. I could see myself doing many things whether that would be in sales... Business development... Marketing.... I have a plethora of ideas that could benefit the right company.... I could see myself on the road promoting sharing information where it needs to be shared... I've been marketing since I was six years old when I went door to door selling watermelon.... My grandpa grew a throw away crop to reduce land tax... At 6 years old I saw an opportunity to make money... I couldn't get enough supply for my demand... Mom was too busy working to go pick up watermelon for me each weekend... I've always had the ability to see an opportunity and make the most of it... In my early 20s I saw the kind of money guys were making doing retail stores so I wrote a letter to every major retail establishments maintenance division trying to work for them... For two years I went all over doing stores for GCs... Retail maintenance companies and some directly for the retailer.... I didn't even know how to read a blueprint but they believed in me and I always got the jobs done Right even if it meant losing my ass to pay someone that was the best in his field... After a few years of dealing with that I was burned out and stuck to smaller jobs that only required me needing a helper... It's time for the next chapter and I don't have a clue what that will be...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti Senior Member

The economy is good pretty much anywhere.

I was talking to a guy at the tire shop saying how I hate traveling for work, 20’s and 30’s it’s fun. I like being home.

I’d say get in the Union.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Come up here, you can work with me.

4. Barry Carlton

Barry Carlton I Support TFP Senior Member Published

Work is pretty much anywhere right now.

For big stuff maybe try Prestige Flooring in SoCal.

They seem to have large jobs all over the west coast they need help on. I just did a job for them here in Boise that paid incredibly well!!

5. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Everyone here is begging for a decent installer. You don’t even have to be that good, just acceptable! I’d say the biggest question is where you want to move.

6. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

There's a shop I do some side work for now and again that's 95% ROAD DOGS. They call me when there's something 50-60 miles near me or closer. Last job I did for them was 2 miles away. I got paid yesterday. My buddy stopped by the house with the cash on his way home from Tulare, CA. Monday he's headed to Phoenix. They said if I wanted I could help them out Monday in Modesto but they know I'm not going. I joke with them and tell them my wife won't let me go. I'm only half joking. I even turned down work in Hawaii. That's the only one I really gave a second thought to.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018