Looking for a used carpet Cart/dolly

Discussion in 'Buy & Sell Flooring Tools and Equipment' started by Z-Carpet, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Z-Carpet

Z-Carpet Pro Member

Looking for a used carpet Cart/dolly

anyone selling one? or seen 1 for sell, any leads would be appreciated, inbox me

2. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I track Craigslist Nationwide, your in Philly?

Attached Files:

4. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I contacted Don at pre floors about that one folding cart from gundlach that the site said was out of stock. He said it is discontinued so no more being made.

5. Z-Carpet

Z-Carpet Pro Member

Pittsburgh,pa

6. Z-Carpet

Z-Carpet Pro Member

im about to drive 2 hours to get one

7. Mike Antonetti

I've driven many hours to buy tools, after awhile you question if it's worth it.

My wife picked up some nailers from Virginia and North Carolina on her way back from Norfolk.

I've seen the foldable, one was selling about 3 hours away a few years ago before I bought a full size and had a friend cut it down and weld.

I bought a square tube heavier duty carpet dolly in the mid 90's, can't part with it, maybe once or twice a year I use it.

8. Travis brown

Travis brown I Support TFP

How about one like this. It cost less than 100.00

Attached Files:

9. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

There was one on Craigslist near Perris, CA about 55 miles from me for $50. It was the Gundlach-----not the folding one. If I was working out that way I'd snag it in a heartbeat.

Gundlach No. 847 Senior Carpet Cart | Tools4Flooring.com

Those kinds of tools-----MOSTLY carpet are dirt cheap, used outside Los Angeles area. They're practically GIVING them away.

10. Travis brown

Travis brown I Support TFP

I think this one was 225.00

Attached Files:

11. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I used to have one like that. Damned thing always folded you at the wrong time, trying to load carpet on it. Also wasn't worth a crap trying to take carpet up step on porches.

:old:

Daris

12. Mike Antonetti

That one needs a bar instead of chain.

I paid 85$ for my very old cart. (Retiring carpet installer) said his knees were good but his hands were shot. Goodyear tires made in USA.

13. Darren Ramey

Darren Ramey Charter Member I Support TFP

I've got the Gundlach. My brother in law has a full sized cart. If we know we are going to need it we take his, but it sure is nice that mine is always in the van for the unexpected stuff. I bought it off my uncle for $50 when he retired.

14. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I thought about using a bar that hooked into the lat links of the chain to make it a stiff unit but never did it.

:old:

Daris

15. Z-Carpet

Z-Carpet Pro Member

picked one up today, drove 2 hours there, and 2 hours back, will post a pic in a few mins

got it for 65.00

thats my literally 70 year old roller too passed down along to me from my boss, who got it from another installer that had for 20 years, 50 years ago when he first started installing , gonna have my dad weld back together tho before it snaps off and crushes my foot one day

Attached Files: