Looking at giving LVP a try

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by edteach, Sep 26, 2017.

1. edteach

edteach Pro Member

I was an installer for over 30 years. The installation should not be much different than laminate. But I saw the product at HD, their lifeproof LVP. It runs around 2.99 a foot. Not dirt cheap but I really like the look and it would be fast and easy to install. Who makes lifeproof LVP for HD? And can it be bought on line cheaper?

2. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

I install a bit of the Lifeproof. It's not a bad product (I can sleep at night after doing a job of Lifeproof) but it is considerably thinner than say Coretec or Floorte. As I've mentioned in other posts, you will need to take care and make sure that all of the long joints are securely seated. Almost every plank will require some tapping with a block to fully seat the joints. Butt joints are drop n lock. Gotta like that. Subfloor flatness is critical but you know that. Take your time and all will turn out for you.

3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I think it's Shaw, until you came along and said it's lvp I assumed the word was exclusive to the pet carpet that the urine doesn't go through. I recommend you cuddle up with a retailer, tell them when you get to your new location. Guess I can't sway anyone away from floating, I prefer gluedown.

Attached Files:

4. Chris 45

Metro. And I believe Metro is a subsidary of Halstead.

5. Chris 45

Doing some Lifeproof today. It's an actual LVP just like gluedown only not quite as flexible and that is adhered to a core with a thin pad attached to the back. Today's flavor is about 1/4" thick and it's almost 9" wide so that speeds up the installation quite a bit. There is a thinner flavor out there as well. That one is a bit slower to install.

IMG_0968.JPG IMG_0969.JPG

6. edteach

edteach Pro Member

The Wife wants ceramic. Uggg. More work.

7. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Very difficult to sway the Designer in Chief!

8. Chris 45

Good choice.

9. Chris 45

Halstead New England is who deals with warranty claims for Lifeproof flooring. For shits n giggles I googled them and they have a D- rating with the BBB. I think that says it all. I still think Lifeproof is a fairly decent product (as long as you never have a problem) but then again I suppose Lumber Liquidators has a decent product in their lineup somewhere, too.