Loading Dock Umbrella

Discussion in 'Flooring Potpourri' started by Mike Sliwinski, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In Senior Member

The rain wouldn't stop and I wanted to go, :p So ! outside the box thinking
    was required. Now I can load with some protection from Mother Nature. :yesss:

Mike

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      188.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

On a couple jobs we used one of those pop up canopys, I say couple because wind twisted it up like a pretzel, trying to make money in rain is a little tricky especially with carpet.

3. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

You had to be soaked by the time you assembled that

4. Mike Sliwinski

Assembled from the inside:yesss: ( the dry side ) then, an empty trash can,
    held over my head, for getting to and from the truck. The tubes
    were literally stacked by the door, just waiting for a secondary use, before meeting there fate in the dumpster. I only got wet from droplets dripping between the tubes. :D

Ain't I,.......... The most interesting :blink: guy on this Forum.......Stay Dry My Friends! :p

Mike

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

A plastic wrapper would over the tubes probably have helped a little more.:yesss:

:old:

Daris

6. Mike Sliwinski

Very Smart !! O senior member Daris :) I'm creative, but could definitely
    benefit from Supervision :p

7. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor Senior Member

Haven't seen rain in a month and half.

8. nimrod

nimrod Pro Member

well here in se Pa we have had record rainfall for the month of June AND July. Couple days ago Philly had a record 1 day total of 8" if I remember correctly.Usually this time of year I am mowing my grass once every 2 weeks ...been doing every 5-6 days right now and if I go longer i feel like I should bail it....startin to piss me off...:mad: but all the crops are growin well so I guess thats a good thing..

as far as Mikes roof sometimes when I get rained on and have to work out of the back of my van I will open the doors in the back and throw a sheet of uly over top of the doors and the roof so at least i dont have to crawl in my van to keep from gettin wet....makes a nice roof as long its tilted the right way...

9. Darren Ramey

Darren Ramey Charter Member I Support TFP

It rained so hard here Saturday that I have already pulled wet carpet out of 4 basements. One was almost 200yds. That one will need replacing, the others should be salvageable.

10. Nate Hall

Nate Hall Types With Elbows Senior Member Published

Ahh rain...the bringer of all life.:)

11. Mike Antonetti

I think I’m getting a 4x8 sheet of FRP to strap to top. My side door closes with a ramp connected. The barn doors rain gets in easy. Though I have the marine grade plywood top layer, when it’s wet inside and closed, humid during day, drying is not quick.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Mike I guess I'm wondering why you are posting on a thread that was in 2013 that is 5 years old?

:old:

Daris

13. Mike Antonetti

Truth? I felt like it. Reminded me of Mikes post of creating a rain barrier, wasn’t worth posting a new topic, just a crumb.