Lo Down posted our 1000th message.

Discussion in 'Taking a Break From Flooring' started by Jim McClain, May 19, 2006.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Isn't it amazing after less than 2 weeks live we have over 1000 posts on our forums. Thanks to Lo Down for posting message #1000: https://thefloorpro.com/community/showthread.php?p=1000#post1000. :good:

All you people are just great. You have put a lot of effort into this brand new board and helped it to get more messages posted than several other long-standing message boards every day for about a week now. It must mean we are doing something right. :D

Please be candid about any way you feel we could improve. As time goes on I hope we will have a great mix of professionals from every segment of the industry and all of us working together.

Thank you Lo Down and thank you all for your tremendous support. Please spread the word (including links to our pages).

2. tony lamar

tony lamar Charter Member

Congratulations Lo Down!
    And now Johnny, tell him what he's won!!:dance:

Seriously, congratulations to TFP. I'm liking this place.:)

3. Danny Ferguson

Danny Ferguson Abbey Carpet & Floor Charter Member

Pretty good average admin, about 91 threads a day. I think I will stick around also.:D

4. Lo Down

Lo Down Old as dirt member Charter Member Senior Member

I'd like to thank the acadamy....mom and dad....grandpa for getting me into this trade in '75.. my brother for teaching me even more after gramps retired....my van for not falling apart yet.............. and all of you guys for being so generous with your info and expertise. I have learned more here in cyberspace, than anywhere I could have ever imagined.............. not sure who to thank for my excessive postings......... guess that would just have to be me. :rolleyes:
    Glad the new place is here. All the bells and whistles are just fantastic... especially the photo posting ease.

I'd like to offer a special thanks to the powers that be and to the volunteers, for hands on, instead of the hands off moderation. This place is a keeper.

5. Jim McClain

I'm not Johnny but that does bring up something I have given a little thought to. I would love to offer a prize once in a while for some milestone or another. Maybe a coffee cup or tshirt with our site logo on it (forget the van idea Lo Down or I'll mess with your post count). Maybe we can get a company to sponsor a prize of some sort, or an educational organization to offer a free registration. I'm sure a number of possibilities could be investigated. We should have contests once in a while or devise some kind of competitive quiz occasionally.

Just a thought. Lo Down still gets nothing for his efforts except a little of the limelight until this thread dies. :p

6. Lo Down

...I heard that new PCs are really cheap. :D
    Just say goodnight, Randy......... ok.... :zzz:

7. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Resting In Peace

Congrads to Lo Down .. I do make Coffee mugs with anything you want on them , i just need a 5 x 7 photo , that is clean , and has contrast in it .. maybe TFP can e mail me one of the logos ..

8. Jerry Thomas

Jerry Thomas Charter Member Senior Member

Congratulations number 2 :D .

9. Jim McClain

Randy, if you are looking for your carpet seaming posts I moved them to the Carpet Installation forum.

10. Lo Down

Hey... can you say that here? we have rules dude! :D I never thought of me that way before. I wouldn't be #2 without #1.
    Thanks Jerry

Nick, you can't advertise here. ;) Thanks for the offer. I use my plastic thermo cup....... anyhing else would get broke.

11. Bud Cline

Bud Cline Tile Expert Charter Member Senior Member Published

Now, Lo Down, if you could somehow make an accurate guess at the winning Power Ball numbers for next week with the same dumb-luck you could be a millionaire and wouldn't have to be here at all. In fact if you were to share those numbers with all of us none of us would have to be here.:coffee:

Too bad we don't know who ADMIN is and he won't be able to share in our winnings.:cool:

Oh yea, CONGRADULATIONS.:poke:

12. Lo Down

1-2-3-4-5 and the PB# is.......................................#7

13. Bud Cline

Bud Cline Tile Expert Charter Member Senior Member Published

Tried that once. Wish I had THAT dollar back in my pocket!:good:

14. Jim McClain

Post doxy! Thread drazel!

Hey, you're a classy guy that deserves a couple 50-cent words. :D

Jim

15. Nick Arrera

Jim , What is a teh ether ?

16. Jim McClain

That's where I live, Nick. ;) teh Ether refers to "The Ethernet" -- that frequency of radio waves that connect computers -- or "The ethereal" -- the state of insubstantial and impalpable being.

You might visit here once in a while, but I live here.

Been there a long time now. ;)

17. Nick Arrera

hee Hee , just thought i ask Jim , it wasent showing up on my GPS .. Waiter , I ll have what jim is having ..