Live Edge TV Stand

Discussion in 'Other Home Decorating & Remodeling Projects' started by Chris 45, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

image.jpg Hanover inspired me the day he made the bed. I had some time today so I picked up some 5/4 live edge bocote and made a TV stand. Now I'm just sweating in the garage while the finish dries.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Did you forget to stain the one end? Or is that the way the wood is?

:old:

Daris

3. Chris 45

That's the way the good lord made it. I sanded it through the grits and hit the live edge with a wire brush then put a couple coats of oil based poly on it. Bought some 3/4" pipe and connections for the legs and voila!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

That's some beautiful wood. :good:

5. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Bunch of wood freaks, yeah it's nice. Wonder if the triple rod tv antenna bases would look good under there for other tv stands for sale. I've been contemplating getting wall brackets for a few tv's, then dressers, chest of drawers, bolts in the wall kinda eliminates moving to different location.

6. Chris 45

We needed a TV stand and I just couldn't bring myself to pay for a cheesy particle board piece of furniture.

I was looking at different legs for it and they aren't too expensive. Maybe $60 for a set. I picked up 2 of those live edge slabs so I'm going to try out some different legs for the other one. Crazy thing is just how expensive those tables and stands sell for vs what I picked up the wood for. SC hasn't caught on to the whole live edge/ reclaimed wood craze like Oregon has so I got them for a song. Might be my ticket to getting off my knees. That or I'll just do backsplashes like all the other old, or smart, guys.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

8. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

Love it!

9. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Nice. I put mine on the wall.

10. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

I also hung my tv on the wall. It was a lot of work to hide the wires buy worth it to me. I also added 2 duplexes. One behind the tv and one down lower for the cable box. Next project is to add 2 or 3 small shelves for cable box and blue ray as well as dvd's. Also have to repair my drywall where I had to cut open to bring electrical over. Then paint

Attached Files: