Laugh of the Day -flooring related

Discussion in 'Carpet Sales and Installations' started by Daris Mulkin, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Today I was at one of the stores I do binding for and the Fabrica rep was there- young lady. I am making up a 18x17 rug of their product. We are talking the product and it got around to that both Fabrica and Masland are the same company which she stressed adamantly. I said no they are under the same umbrella and Masland is in Alabama and Fabrica is in Ca. But they are the same company she said. Anyway she showed where there was different numbers for the same product. Fine I thought. Anyway we went to the warehouse where the storeowner thought there was a problem. Just a tube mark where the end of the roll hit. She got all excited and wanted pictures taken and a claim filed. Looking at the very short distance on the backing she saw the letters MA on the backing and said that proves its Masland. Later on moving the carpet around we had it rolled back farther and it said in nice big letters "MADE IN THE USA."
    They live amongst us.

:old:

Daris

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

B1262D5B-1565-4765-9996-185F15565922.jpeg I was on a job site today, the young lady decorator (35ish) was all excited that the vinyl had swirl marks, and was defective. I put my arm around her and explained what telegraphing of trowel marks are. Much more fun this way!

Hey, I’m only trying to give back to the trade by training!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

That about sums up everything I love about this job.

4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I smacked my wife on the ass and said guess what, I won’t lose my job today.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

No but you may get charged with spousal abuse, the way things are today.

:old:

Daris

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

I gotta ge careful, my wife smacks back:eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1