Latest Aggenda Update

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by Peter Kodner, Dec 21, 2007.

  1. Bud Cline

    Bud Cline Tile Expert Charter Member Senior Member Published

    I would like to interrupt these proceedings for a brief moment to jump in here and say
    THANK YOU
    to Peter Kodner for his hard work on organizing this information thus far.
    Wouldn't want to leave out Danny Ferguson either for his help taking charge of
    the attendee list,
    THANK YOU TOO Danny.:)



    I know Peter is wanting to put this phase to bed and I wonder too if it isn't time we again heard from all of the following committee members about their thoughts of what has taken place so far? Roger and Tandy and TFP Admin have spoken up recently but the others seem to have been somewhat quiet lately.:)

    So what do you think guys of what has taken place so far? What changes or deletions and/or additions are necessary if any? Any more suggestions?

    COMMITTEE MEMBERS
    Daniel Westcott
    Danny Ferguson
    Roger Gerber
    Peter Kodner
    Darwin
    Tandy Reeves
    Bud Cline
    Woody1​


    Maybe TFP Admin could send a blanket email to the committee members drawing their attention to this thread.:D
     
  2. Jim McClain

    Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

    I think what Tandy was referring to specifically were these 2 posts:
    And
    I snipped out parts of those posts and this really is a guess on my part, so Tandy, please let me know if this is what you mean.

    Bud, I'll send an email out to those on the committee. I can't edit the list, so those of you who have already participated will get one too. Sorry.

    T
     
  3. Woody1

    Woody1 Charter Member

     
  4. Woody1

    Woody1 Charter Member

    Just an idea here, get rid of this "formal" introduction time all together. When the attendees come for the conference, along with the "package" they get at registration is a nametag. The name tag is on them at all times during the conference. This will take care of "introductions" and be able to use te topic time for more important things. I forsee "advertisements" being done in this sceduled intro time. I know that if you give me a chance to do a plug for my business, I am going to take as much time as needed to tell about what I do and how I came to do it. I am not shy!
     
  5. Woody1

    Woody1 Charter Member

    Didnt know I was on the committee! Is this one of those voted on things that I wasnt present for? I am flattered, but I dont know what I can offer as a committee member.
     
  6. Woody1

    Woody1 Charter Member

    Somehow, the person that takes care of this forum has to do something about keeping logged in. I had just written a long topic here, hit the button to submit and was logged out and the post didn't take effect. I am not going to write this all over again, as its the second time it has happened to me. It had a lot of info in it and I don't want to write it all over again. Maybe it was for the best anyway that I couldn't post it?
     
  7. Tandy Reeves

    Tandy Reeves Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

    An example of subject structure: CRI-105
    1. FORWARD page 1 "While there may be specific situations that make it impossible to follow each procedure, the guidelines in this manual will result in a higher quality and more acceptable installation."
    A. Who determines that it is a specific situation?
    B. How do you inspect specific situation installations?
    C. How do you prove it?

    2. "Failure to follow these guidelines for installation shall not be the basis for rejecting a claim relating to a manufacturing defect, unless the failure to follow these guidelines contributed to or caused the defect."
    A. How can installation cause a manufacturing defect?
    B. Does the "if you cut it, you own it" rule apply here?
    C. How does the inspector determine and report the problem?

    3. Dealer/Retailer check list page 3.
    A. If the dealer does not do their part, does the responsibility automatically fall on the inspector?
    B. How does the inspector report this and write it up?


    This is a short example of what I had thought we would cover. Questions covering the various floor coverings. Also, look at your post #84 very good post and also what I am talking about. I also think posts #31,32,33, 37, 62, and 64 has some very good points for subjects.

    Peter, you are doing a great job, and I do not want to be a wet blanket for you. Maybe I am thinking too basic. You guys set me straight if I am.
    I think the introductions of those attending is very important, because after all they are all the headliners of the workshop. I think it will also help rid the members of stage nerves and help them to participate more openly because they have already spoken once.

    All of the items on the agenda you put together are workable and good. I don't want to seem picky, but Floorguy has not participated with ideas or suggestons, and I don't think he should be given a moderator unless he can email you some of his forms so there validity can be verified.
     
  8. Peter Kodner

    Peter Kodner Inspector Floors Charter Member Senior Member

    Here are the posts Tandy referred to:

    31: Jerry, if your selling your own work that is one thing. If you are working for a retailer is the installer supposed to walk away from an installation because the salesperson sold a product that will not hold up? He is there to install not second guess what the consumer or the salesperson picked. Perhaps a cheap piece of goods was all that the consumer could afford to spend. As an installer that does work for retailers, I do not stick my nose in their end of the business. If I am selling a piece of goods as part of a side job then absolutely I will tell that consumer what to expect but in this case I am also the salesman. This is a good thread but I think we are getting a little off topic.

    32: OK Chris .... but I hope this matter is discussed at the seminar

    33: This would be a great topic to discuss at the workshop. How is the installer to handle it and how the inspector would inspect it and how it could be justified as an installation related problem. This could be a very lively exchange of information.

    62: Don't Lee just make ya wanna storm the beaches. Peter I would love to come away from this with an inspector’s point of view of things related to installation. I think we would need to be more general in our approach, but installers who are specialists may be better served if it were more product specific. I don't know if the goal is knowledge or attitude. But both ain’t gonna be a bad thing.

    64: 1 Basic installation skills 101 for inspectors with no installation background.
    2 What can an installer expect during the inspection of an installation?
    3 How to make the installation sector and inspection sector work better together
    4 How unusual installations are inspected

    84: I propose: "Standards for Inspection Practices: How do we write them and have them be accepted." Installers have standards and directions for every product they deal with. Why are inspectors presumed to be qualified?
    Or: "How can the installers protect themselves when an inspection is required". I see this as creating some tools for how the installers can be assured he will be notified if an inspection is ordered and how to have some say in who performs it.

    "What should and what shouldn't be in an inspection report"


    Can these be distilled into topics? Suggestions please! I'll plug them in ASAP after some feedback and/or discussion.
     
  9. Peter Kodner

    Peter Kodner Inspector Floors Charter Member Senior Member

    Tandy, regarding the example of CRI 105, are we not doing enough for this conference to just put the documents out there? I think it may surprise us all who is not even area of their existence and how to get them. Maybe what would be more appropriate for this meeting is why it is important to have them and how they might be used, i.e. some of the scenarios you wrote about. I would hope this would come up during discussion.

    Am I understanding you would like this to be a 90 minute discussion in lieu of a lunch presentation?.
     
  10. Elmer Fudd

    Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

    I believe we already are covering EVERYTHING that Tandy just mentioned in at least one or more topics that are already in place. The problem is that we are talking semantics now, your wording is not quite like mine so I want mine in place of yours. These topics have to be generalities, guys bring up YOUR point in the Conference discussion.
    We will have plenty of time to hit ALL of the finer points once we get together and start the topics rolling. I don't believe we should try to micro-manage the discussions. Use a broad brush-stroke and let the comments flow.

    Again I say, let Peter put the agenda together so we can post it NOW.
     
  11. Jim McClain

    Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

    Re: Latest Agenda Update

    I'm sorry you're having trouble. There haven't been any recent reports of a similar problem and I do have the site optimized for members as much as possible. Perhaps it is a combination of a computer problem and not checking the box that allows the site to remember you so a cookie gets placed on your computer. If you are concerned about cookies, please read this: The Floor Pro Privacy Policy If there is something we can do to help with a computer issue, please let us know here: Computer Related Discussion We want to do everything we can to help our members use the site without trouble.

    T
    PS: You made some great contributions to this discussion with your other comments - thank you VERY much.
     
  12. Tandy Reeves

    Tandy Reeves Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

    Should we tell Roger he is probably right?:D:D I agree lets turn Peter loose and get the agenda posted.
     
  13. Jim McClain

    Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

    Yes, post the agenda here and I'll format it so everyone can read it easily without having to download a file.

    T
     
  14. Peter Kodner

    Peter Kodner Inspector Floors Charter Member Senior Member

    I'll do a few tweaks and it will be ready to go anon.
     
  15. Tandy Reeves

    Tandy Reeves Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

    How close are we to getting the agenda suggestons posted?:)
     
  16. Tandy Reeves

    Tandy Reeves Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

    Where do you guys think Mr. Fink is headed with his questioning and do you think he is Ray Darrah?
     
  17. Bud Cline

    Bud Cline Tile Expert Charter Member Senior Member Published

    Whoever he is he certainly can be confrontational in my appraisal. He has over 100 posts but I haven't looked to see if his contributions are generally confrontational. The jury is still out on whether or not Mr. Fink is friend or foe but I suspect we probably all know him.:) Is he in reality, RD? Could be! If he is RD, look for him to try to get a jump on our concept, we should move forward expeditiously with this project. Remember RD (at one time) seized the good name of one of our local inspectors and moved to block that inspectors ability to use his own name (in many forms) on the Internet.:)
     
  18. Peter Kodner

    Peter Kodner Inspector Floors Charter Member Senior Member

    I think Jim advised once before he isn't Ray. He certainly has his attitude but if we can get people like him involved, we will truly be making some progress. I think Jim and Tandy's responses were well thought out and to the point. If he pursues it, he will be the one who looks self serving.

    I'm in the office today and will be working on a final draft. I should have it up on this forum before the end of the day. Have to do some paying paperwork first, you know, take care of the stuff that pays the bills :D
     
  19. Jim McClain

    Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

    Mike Fink has used the same IP address since he joined 2 days after this site opened. He is not Ray Darrah as far as I can tell. The only times he has become testy is when Selva has confronted him. Selva is clueless, but he seems to think Mike is a threat. Selva is, so far, the only negative voice I've heard as concerns this workshop - always warning and predicting doom.

    T
     
  20. Tandy Reeves

    Tandy Reeves Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

    Ok, I am good with it and I trust Jims knowledge of this IP stuff. I don't even know what IP means.:D

    Hay Peter, if you have any of that bill paying money left over I will give you my address.
     
Loading...

Share This Page