Lace or Tie In Hardwood

Discussion in 'Floorcovering Video Collection' started by Ken Fisher, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Ken Fisher

Ken Fisher Charter Member

Did this one about a year ago.

To be honest if I hadn't been there the final look would have turned you off. These guys are very good finishers, but in the installation end they could use some help. The problem was not mixing the boards until I stepped in. Their approach was using one bundle at a time.

The job could have been much easier if both rooms were torn out, but I wanted the film to work with and there was a savings for the homeowner with the tie in.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHqNwpA3b9k"]Weave New Hardwood Into Old - Large Floor Repair - YouTube[/ame]

2. Ken Fisher

The mascot...

I think I've given up on the idea, but it does get website clicks and visitors.

fast forward to 3:57

[ame]https://youtu.be/hn7BikncTis?t=3m57s[/ame]

3. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I like the mascot. Not so much the paw pointer. :ohno: Both very good videos, Ken. They should give the consumer an excellent idea of the process and expectations of their projects. Nice job.

Jim

4. Ken Fisher

I don't get any feedback with the mascot, even after asking on my own message board. So I don't know what the consensus is. It's fun to play with. The dog's real name is Duke; my nieces dog. The related video links do quite well with some videos, reaching as high as a 10% CTR (unheard of with YT) , or at least that's what YT analytics tells me, but they don't show in GA. I can't get any answers as to to why either.

5. Steve Olson

Steve Olson Hardwood/Laminate Guru Charter Member Senior Member

Wow, Ken Fisher! There's a name from the past. One of the best tricks for hardwood installing, I learned from you years ago. Good to see you still around.

Steve Olson, aka skhardwoods.

6. Ken Fisher

Hey Steve:

I vividly remember talking to you at like 2AM eastern time, something like back in 2002. That was the time when I first began learning about building websites and you asked something like "Dude it's 2AM, what are you doing up?" I think we talked for well over an hour.

My response was something like I couldn't sleep because it was so exciting. Naturally, if there's no passion it doesn't work for everybody.

What trick was that? I think it was you that gave me the hot melt glue gun idea on concrete for starter boards? Or maybe trim moldings just to keep them aligned before the adhesive cured?

I've been around, just don't come here often.

Good to hear from ya

7. Steve Olson

Steve Olson Hardwood/Laminate Guru Charter Member Senior Member

It was your method of block and wedge, on glue down wood I just modified that with the glue gun.

Couple dabs of well placed hot melt come in real handy.

8. Dan Schultz

Dan Schultz Certified Wood Floor Inspector Charter Member

Hey, Ken! Good to see your smiling face!