Labor rates Arizona

Discussion in 'Vinyl & Rubber Flooring Sales and Installations' started by Cude36, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Cude36

Cude36 Pro Member

Anyone out there live and install in the phoenix metro area? If so, what are the going rates for hard surface installations? I.e wood, laminate, lvp etc? I'm wanting to relocate to the area, but I need to find out if I can make a living there.
    Thanks

2. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

Where are you currently located? Labor rates usually go down the farther south you go. I would say more importantly is what is the cost of living in Phoenix. Labor rates may seem low compared to what you’re used to making but might not be so bad in the big picture of living there. I’m in the SE part of the US and labor rates are darn near laughable here compared to what I’m used to getting but on the flip side it’s dirt cheap to live here.

3. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Chris, very true! Important to look up coet of liviong indexes flr wherever you want to move. I couldn’t believe how much cheaper everything was in NC compared to MT. Especially homes. Buddy bought a brand new house in nice community with a community pool and it was priced about 1/2 of what it would have been here. Go to walmart and groceries looked like everything was on sale to me

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Chris 45

Factor all that in and $1/sq ft ain’t so bad for floating floors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

i could darn near make a good living here at $1 a ft if all I was doing were floating floors

6. Chris 45

#justsayno

• Winner Winner x 1