Kenny Aarestad

Discussion in 'In Memoriam' started by TwoStar, Oct 21, 2013.

1. TwoStar

TwoStar Maybe Three

In Memory of Kenneth Aarestad

The Old Guy in our local group of installers passed away today. He was just getting to his flooring job at the local college when he collapsed with a heart attack, if I have my facts straight.

Kenny was a very generous installer with his years of knowledge and experience. He would have been great on TFP because he never hesitated to help me when I had questions about carpet, vinyl, prep, etc.

You always knew that you were tearing up a job that he had done because the risers were well-glued on the stairs:mad:, or the concrete tackstrip was double nailed:mad::mad:, or the hardwood floor underneath the carpet had been protected from pad staples since he would use duct tape instead.:yesss::yesss:

I am a better, more careful installer because I have known Kenny. He told me that when he retired he would share all his secrets over many cups of coffee...he never retired.:(

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I'm very sorry for your loss of a caring mentor, Sean, and the loss of another great flooring professional to this industry. My sympathies go out to his family and friends.

Jim

3. TwoStar

TwoStar Maybe Three

Thanks, Jim. We have all been waiting for him to retire as he is the goto commercial guy who gets all the school and hospital work. It wasn't supposed to happen like this, though. This sucks!

4. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Sorry to hear about your friend.

5. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Sorry to hear of loss of your friend. No matter when it is it's to early. I hope you were the sponge of his knowledge.

:old:

Daris

6. Thank you

I just saw this post on my dad today!!
    It is so wonderful to hear how he was a mentor to you, Sean. Today so many people don't want to help another out that is in the same business for fear of losing some of their business. Not my dad!! He was a master at his craft and took pride in his work. My brother, Jason, has taken over the business and his attention to detail is on par with my dad!! My dad would be so proud of him. Thank you for your kind words Sean... even more than 2 years later to see something like this brings tears to my eyes but also makes me thankful that someone thought so much of him!
    Thank you!

7. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

Sorry for you loss Sean.