Karndean Davinc Floor & Kickboards

Discussion in 'Spotlight on Flooring Professionalism' started by Luke George Hladky, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Luke George Hladky

Luke George Hladky Luke Sky Floorer

IMG20200218150620.jpg IMG20200218150731.jpg IMG20200226191830.jpg IMG20200227081827.jpg IMG20200227081917.jpg IMG20200227080937.jpg This is two different karndean davinc 1/8 inch thick x 3" x 3 foot planks mixed together glued with Ardex AF 180 MS. Concrete sub floor was grinded, primed, and two coats of feather mixed with mapei planicrete, and for kitchen kickboards I sanded and glued on a 3mm aluminum angle on external corners then contact cement the vinyl planks. Everything is caulked with clear silicone. It looks good but doing narrow planks take so much longer to do. I took the the base boards off and under cut the door frames to make it easy.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain TFP Owner/Founder Administrator

Very nice - certainly spotlight worthy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Work to be proud of

• Like Like x 1
  4. You make plastic look good. Worthy of an upcharge.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Luke George Hladky

Haha!
    It's not just plastic! Its Polyurethane coated Fiberglass reinforced Plastic! Get it right!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Your new house?

7. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

It might look pretty, but it is still garbage

8. Luke George Hladky

That's it's Jon, good memory.

9. Luke George Hladky

This Garbage gets a "20 year" Commercial warranty buy the manufacturers.
    Not bad for recycled garbage.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

I just hate vinyl plank and what it does to the industry...
    You work looks top notch.

11. It’s beyond installation and into a media of Artistry.

It certainly changed the industry I think for the better.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

It’s not what vinyl plank has done to the industry, it’s what the industry has done to the industry.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Luke George Hladky

That's like Me saying ceramic tiles ruin the industry cause they cost a shit tonne of money to take up or prepare when I want to lay vinyl and I loose the job because the customer doesn't want to pay for it!
    The industry is bad because of all the middle men. And I'm sorry if your one of them reading this don't take it personally we all got to make money somehow but If we "the installers" could buy everything direct from the manufacturers at cost then we could all be preparing and installing top quality products for a lot cheaper.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

I love what vinyl planks have done to my bank account.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. I just recommended leaving 970ft of tile down and floating vinyl plank over which the customer wants anyway. They sold previous house and got my name again but retailer hadn’t been out yet. So the tile was fine in most areas, a little hollow in spots but not cracked. The homeowner stated they wanted a bit softer feel in the kitchen. Master bath was hollow and going back to tile, so my estimate was 3k$, or 300$ for the bathroom.

Consumers want options, vinyl plank is one. Better than sheet vinyl in general.