Jonny Corners is Celebrating TFP's 13th Anniversary

Discussion in 'TFP Site News & Announcements' started by Jim McClain, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

[​IMG]

Jonny Corners, maker of access panel & trap door trims and pulls, is celebrating The Floor Pro Community's 13th anniversary by giving away some of their high quality trims and pulls to lucky 13 winners during the month of May, 2019. Offering three fantastic prizes for this giveaway celebration, Jonny Corners will add class, style and safety to any flooring project with a trap door or access panel.

The Floor Pro Community's dedication to industry pro peer support and providing advice and guidance to floor covering consumers and do-it-yourselfers has resulted in advanced education, more success stories and better choices for anyone involved in flooring as a project or a career. Our more than 17,000 members have made TFP one of the most popular websites providing information and resources in the flooring industry. We are proud to have leaders and innovators, such as Jonny Corners, be a part of our success.

All you have to do to win is be a participating member of The Floor Pro Community. Join in on any forum discussion, start an interesting topic of your own and you qualify to win. If you are not yet a member of TFP, join here for free. Winners will be selected by random drawing, one each day for 13 days, beginning May 13, 2019. Each day's winner will be able to select their own prize from all available prizes at time of selection. Prizes will be delivered by the vendor and winners will be notified on the forum. Here are the great prizes Jonny Corners is giving away to 3 lucky 13-13-13 winners.

• One Jonny Corners 34x34" Trap Door Kit with Pull Included
    • One Jonny Corners 34x50" Trap Door Kit with Pull Included
    • One Jonny Corners 50x50" Trap Door Kit with Pull Included

All of these Jonny Corners Access Panel & Trap Door Kits come in your choice of color and you can select a coordinating color Jonny Corners Pull to go with it. The trim kits are made of aluminum and have a durable powder coating. The "T" metal has an extra long 1" leg for easy installation and pre-cut to fit access panels & trap doors up to 34x34", 34x50" and 50x50". Just cut with hacksaw or tin snips to fit your application. Custom sizes can also be ordered at very reasonable prices. Visit their website for complete details.

Watch this instructional video of a Jonny Corners installation:

The Floor Pro Community appreciates Jonny Corners' participation in our 13th anniversary celebration and we are grateful to the founder and creator of Jonny Corners, @JonH for being a participating member here on TFP.

jonny-corners03.jpg jonny-corners04.jpg jonny-corners05.jpg jonny-corners06.jpg jonny-corners-in-black.jpg jonny-corners-in-bronze.jpg jonny-corners-in-col-copper.jpg jonny-corners-in-col-silver.jpg jonny-corners-in-pewter.jpg jonny-corners-in-silver.jpg jonny-corners-kit.jpg jonny-corners-pull01.jpg jonny-corners-pull02.jpg jonny-corners-pull03.jpg jonny-corners-pull04.jpg jonny-corners-t-metal.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: Shipping of prizes is free, but it is the responsibility of any winner outside the United States to pay for any duties, tariffs or VAT for your country. Winners must provide shipping information to the vendor. The Floor Pro Community is not responsible for undeliverable prizes.

Read about all the great prizes here: The Floor Pro Celebrates 13 Years | The Floor Pro Community

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Great video Jonny ! :) One of these days I'll run across a trap door and order your innovative product........................Nice Fork Lift !

Mike

3. Tom Potter

Tom Potter I Support TFP

They really are a good idea. I've used them quite a bit. I do a lot of high end seasonal "camps". Almost all have a trap door to the utilities.

Definitely a lot nicer than than the old bar metals.

4. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

Could have used them at The Building For America's Bravest home we just finished up.

5. Don Monfils

Don Monfils PRO CARPET Charter Member

I used them twice, awsome product.
    I have two kits that Jon sent me for doing a review,waiting for the next job with a trap door.

6. JonH

JonH TFP Sponsor

Thanks guys and Jim. Happy Bday Floor Pro! We are excited to see our business flourish partly because of this site. We have had so many happy customers with access doors in front of their toilets and walkways in their boats and all kinds of places. We have had zero negative reviews and looking forward to providing the industry with installer friendly and customer pleasing products.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JonH

JonH TFP Sponsor

Here is one we had to fix up fo a lady who was not happy with a door in her master closet.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. JonH

JonH TFP Sponsor

Here are a few other pics.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

I have done one over carpet as well, there was no extra carpet to do the trap door the right way so jonny corners were used and everyone was happy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

It really is the best possible solution, simple in design and elegant in function.
    The one "complaint" i had when i was trying to push them myself was that the corner pieces were "a bit big" whatever that means, and sure, they are there... but mitered corners fail, never look good the second time you touch them and are sharp and can hurt you. Johnny Corners look the same the first time and every time. Not to mention the "complaints" were not from clients, just ignorant sales people.... clients loved them!!

11. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

That 1" leg on that T metal would be too long for most trap doors as they are mostly just a piece of 3/4" wood.

12. JonH

JonH TFP Sponsor

It is too long for some floors but very few. Most floors have underlayment on the 3/4 plus the thickness of the flooring material. I’ve run into one and used a belt sander to remove the excess length which took about 10 minutes. I thought about offering the 5/8 flange but nobody wants it.

13. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator