Is this Eddy Scraper worth 180$?

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment and Supplies' started by Mike Antonetti, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Veered off the road to visit a pawn shop to day, passed about 20, at some point I think they all have high priced junk inside. Been wanting a small orbital scraper, I disconnected the handle plug and the switch near the motor works, so the will be for no handle detail work. I figured the guy would say 100$, but he said 180$. I said I’ll have to see what it’s worth. Came out of pawn in July. I think I’ll start looking for one. It seemed to work well, kinda old, not sure if there’s a better model, saw some green wolff’s @225$

Attached Files:

2. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

Man, you buy it and ship it to me for 200 and we will call it a deal. They are a good tool. I paid 1200 for mine new, I would pay 1200 again for a new one that the handle didn't work on if that's what I had to do :)

3. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

Also Mike, I'm sure you know but I case you don't the toggle switch needs to be in the on position on the main for the trigger to work on the handle. Again, I bet you know this but it never hurts to be certain.

4. Mike Antonetti

Yeah, I figured it out. Haven’t used one before. Might try one at a Home Depot rental. Local One had about 4.

5. SSGNick

SSGNick Pro Member

Superior Scrapers sells the Eddy scrapers as well as Home Depot. Great for Stairs and very small areas

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

That’s the kind of price that it only has to work well on one job...very little risk to you

7. Mike Antonetti

Guess I shoulda pulled the trigger. Some stuff I’ve been burned on like an impact gun that rotated but the gear was stripped. Not sure if motor was good for duration, sometimes as it’s going it heats up and smokes. Probably easy to repair exterior/under shroud moving parts. Two counties away I may offer 125 and settle on 150.

When I went to Home Depot in Spring Hill they had very few items for sale at their rental center.

Not sure I like the orbital action of the blade, think I want impact forward motion. 3/4 of the orbital motion is all other direction but forward.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017