Irma Cometh

Discussion in 'Health & Safety Forum' started by Hanover Fist, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Hanover Fist

Hanover Fist Pro Member

Pros,

Our door here in Charlotte is open. If you're evac'ing, there's room here. Send me a private message - you have a warm home.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

That's mighty kind of you. When you're a great distance away its easy to say why don't they just leave? Even for some it's still not a last resort or so it seems. I wonder what will be left over, if nothing then what? Slow recovery!

3. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

Watching this morning's forecast and the eye is coming up the gulf side now although it's wide enough to encompass the whole state. Be safe Mike

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mike Antonetti

Thanks Chris, How bout you @epoxyman , got your ears/eyes on!

5. Hanover Fist

Hanover Fist Pro Member

Mike,

You still with us?

6. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

I'm loading up the 5th wheel and the dogs and heading back to fl
    Hopefully the home and shop is not flooded or damaged

Ron

7. Mike Antonetti

I'm not much weight but didn't blow away. It was way less here in citrus county than other parts of Florida. I'd say wind gust of 60, random trees in other areas have fallen.

I boarded up for nothing except it actually advances preparation for next time with thinking of other weaknesses. Like the access panel to the attic. The ridge vents, the storm doors, on and on.

Power went out for 1 second.

The Keys took a big hit, just lucky it didn't hit here, this is an ongoing threat, year after year.

Wife's friends car (Toyota lease)submerged, she's 100 yards off Daytona's Intercoastal. (Why she kept it there?) water 3 ft lower floors, she's on 2nd but no power, last year it was 2 weeks for Mathew. At some point people say they're done.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  8. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Getting a late start but leaving now

Attached Files:

9. Mike Antonetti

Gonna be some major traffic coming back, how was the diesel situation?

I didn't get fuel for my generator, could of siphoned it out of truck if needed.

10. seamsealer

seamsealer Pro Member

Mike, we had about 3 power glitches, but it stayed on all the time. My wife and 2 neighbors went for a ride yesterday afternoon and power was out in a lot of places. I just checked my gas buddy app and most stations had no electric and no gas. We boarded up the house to be safe, but took everything down Monday. Last year I bought a propane gas generator, but didn't have to use it. It stores well. Glad everyone is safe after this storm.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

They had a satellite shot of Florida power before and after. Looks like 3/4s of the state went black.

12. Mike Antonetti

Good to know, making my way over there today. Word from condo assn pres. was some rooms got wind driven rain into units, one above my moms had 1" water on floor. He hasn't checked hers yet. I had them board her unit up and beef it up for an extra 100$(400 bumped to 500$) then they add a few of those Damp Rid buckets to bring humidity down, they recommended 4, but I said two and will check when I get there.

I deleted my gas buddy app couple months ago, but was wondering if they would adapt for fuel, electric availability.

New word, right lanes are backed up for vehicles getting fuel, stay in left lane. In laws making way back.

13. Mike Antonetti

Nother Hurricane (Maria)may be headed here (Florida) by Saturday.

I tend not to say South Carolina till it's closer.