Installer & Inspector Workshop

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by Tandy Reeves, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Tandy Reeves

Tandy Reeves Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Lets have a workshop for installers and inspectors to come together and work on issues that impact each. Installers presenting problems that are common to them and inspectors presenting problems that are common to them. Each gaining a better understanding of each others work and work practices.

This workshop would be held in Tulsa, Ok. hosted by FITS and possibly The Floor Pro if they so desire. The suggested date would be Friday Feb. 29 and Sat. March 1, 2008. The cost of the two day workshop would be only $50.00 per person to help me with expenses.

This will be your workshop, nothing is set in stone therefore it is completely open for discussion and change.

What do you think?

2. Peter Kodner

Peter Kodner Inspector Floors Charter Member Senior Member

Tandy, I would certainly consider attending and I think this is a GREAT first step to aligning two of the most maligned segments of the industry.

I would ask you might consider a little later in the spring as finances might require I drive instead of fly. Hate to take a chance on weather that time of year.

3. Tandy Reeves

Good thought about driving and the weather. As I stated the date is open to be changed and I have no problem with a later date.

4. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Great idea, I would like to be there if it was in late March, early April.

Willing to do what I can to help, just ask.

5. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I think later would be better also as we are just coming off Surfaces in February and money maybe a little tight if some of us atted Surfaces. Sounds like something I may want to attend.

Daris

6. cproader

cproader All over T's last nerve Senior Member

I'm there. Me bein an Okie and all, I know ya don't want to have it too much later in the year, cause it gets reall friggen hot and humid. But it sounds like a great idea, I should be back from my Japanese torture tour by March 20. :D

7. Tandy Reeves

How would Friday May 9 and Saturday May 10 work?

8. rusty baker

rusty baker Well-Known Member

I 'll try to make it , depending on finances.

9. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

This sounds like a great idea, Tandy. I would love to be a part of it. The revised date sounds better too and will give a much better opportunity for promoting the event. I'd like to try to put together some print and web media for advertising the event. It would be great if we could get a small ad published in trade magazines, like FCI magazine, Floor Focus, Floorcovering Weekly, maybe get announced on FloorRadio and some banner or display ads posted on various flooring websites and message boards where inspectors and installers hang out.

What will the curriculum be? Will you have guest speakers? We can work out the details here in this thread, or you can fill me in via email - whatever you want. Great idea, Tandy. This might coincide with some thoughts Selva had along these lines and maybe he will participate.

Thanks,

T

10. Jerry Thomas

Jerry Thomas Charter Member Senior Member

I will definitely try to attend this Tandy. Thank you for your generous offer.

11. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Traitor

Great idea Tandy , I will try to attend ..

12. Tandy Reeves

The cirriculum will be what we decided by all of us. I would suggest we have our speakers from within. Example an installer on ceramic tile then an inspector on ceramic tile, wood installation and wood inspections, carpet, vinyl, commercial, residential etc. After each presentation the group would then have round table discussions, and hands on examples of every sample we can share.

Your thoughts on advertising are great, but that would be up to you and whom ever wants to help you.

Just think of the guys that post here that could be speakers. Lets start thinking of subjects that should be covered and some one step up to cover them.

Keep the suggestons coming.

13. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Traitor

14. Tandy Reeves

This workshop would also qualify for re-certification.

15. Curt Durand

Curt Durand Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Published

Put me down for a spot. Sounds like a great idea.

16. Dan Schultz

Dan Schultz Certified Wood Floor Inspector Charter Member

What a fantastic idea!

17. Danny Ferguson

Danny Ferguson Abbey Carpet & Floor Charter Member

Great idea Tandy. I would love to attend also, if you have room for an x-installer who does a few jobs a year /current retail business owner.

18. Tandy Reeves

You are most welcome. Your knowledge of installations as well as retail will benifit all of us. In fact this could be very educational for retailers. We will follow the same rules at the workshop as we have on this board.

BTW every one start saving samples and pictures for Show-N-Tell.:)

19. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Traitor

Tandy , Are there any decent hotels in the area that don't have frost on the walls ? If everyone posting comes , this is going to be some class ..

20. Tandy Reeves

No frost in May. This could be the best class ever. A class put on by true professionals. No sales pitches just good "I can make money with this information".