Inspection Training

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by Mike Antonetti, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Some courses coming up in various areas.

NAFCT

Registration

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

The only inspector courses listed on that page are for last year, 2018. All of the pages of the site seem to be broken, as shown in my screenshot of the home page. They aren't a secure site (they don't have a SSL certificate, which would give them an https address instead of an http address), so filling out forms on that site would not be safe.

nafct-home-page20190226.gif

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mike Antonetti

Here’s the one I saw but they have other courses.

Attached Files:

4. Jim McClain

That looks like an email you got and it has a link in it to the NFIC Inspector Training page. Why not share the link with us? I can't find it anywhere on the site you originally linked, but as I showed, that site is pretty broken. The link you originally posted is to the registration form, but all the courses are for 2018.

5. Mike Antonetti

I wanted to forward the email to a post but can’t so I just forwarded the email I got to you.

6. Jim McClain

Got the email. Sorry I haven't got a solution. The site is looking better today, but it's still got too many security problems for me and I couldn't find any events on there for 2019.

7. Mike Antonetti

You saying I made it up? I’m insulted!

Well hopefully they get their act together before a floor prep course starts in Dalton. Haven’t been there in years.

8. Jim McClain

It's obvious from your screengrab that there was a mention of a 2019 training, but the only link to the website wasn't to any 2019 class registration and I couldn't find any content on the site that referred to 2019. Did you follow the link yourself and look around? If you find anything about 2019 training, post about it here. But as I said before, I would not log into that site or fill out any forms because the site is not secure. The organization may be legit, but the technology used to build their site isn't safe.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mike Antonetti

Yes I did, maybe they keep past training just to show what they had or people missed. Jon Don has a bit of training I get emails monthly but they’re usually in other states.

Good heads up about the future breach!

Are they not Associated with Ardex?

10. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

NAFCT is a training organization, it is headed by Paul Pleschak and Sonny Callaham, both respected inspectors in the industry.
    It is a standalone organization, not affiliated in any way with Ardex or any manufacturer. They are unique in that they endorse industry training, for example they promote Ardex training, even though it does not directly benefit them.
    I went to one of their classes in Dallas last March. It was well organized and very educational, also the cost was within reason.

• Informative Informative x 2