Incog this is what I get

Discussion in 'Vinyl & Rubber Flooring Sales and Installations' started by Jon Scanlan, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

You get areas like gyms I get bathrooms, toilets and horrible entry ways like this with 4m wide x 3.9m vinyls, of which this brand falls to bits when you look at it
    Why do sales people even sell these wide vinyls in situations like this?
    Why not 2m wide with a join?
    You couldnt even unroll the cut vinyl into the floor space ENTRY.jpg ENTRY 2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

That's just mean!

Hop on the next boat and come do some apartments with me buddy. Smooth sailing.

That looks stellar around those pita stairs

3. Jon Scanlan

RIP.jpg
    Here is photo of how it falls to bits. The owner was giving me a hand to unroll the cut. This was before we tried to get the vinyl into place
    Sales guy rang me to lay a 6.8m x 3m wide vinyl upstairs in a house. I said how are you going to get it upstairs?

4. Mark Brown

Ouch buddy!
    I cant even fathom the level of care you were likely taking to begin with and then that happens? I would have ran for the hills.
    Fiber floors have ruined me, I get a mineral back these days and I scratch my butt for 20 min trying to remeber how I use to work with such delicate material... then cry into my shirt and get on with it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jon Scanlan

Its only the cheap ones when you have to make an external cut on a corner when it falls to bits
    Most of those backings you can do anything you like with them
    Mark as a PS why dont Mr Ford put decent backing lights on their Edges? :)

6. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Thats a challenge for any layer. I never heard of sheet goods 4M wide.

7. Jon Scanlan

Wonder how the guys who dont/cant make a patern would get on as the riser on the bottom step is only an inch or so thick and all in one cut??

8. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Beats me

9. Mark Brown

POORLY
    I did it one time, my journeyman said, whatever you do dont free hand that, make a scribe. I said yeah yeah I know and then proceeded to to do the exact opposite. Then I bought a new piece. I never could figure out why he would trust me

10. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

I don’t see any tape in that last picture :rolleyes:

11. Graeme

Graeme Pro Member

Outstanding work on an awful situation. I trust you will have a word with the salesperson who came up with that idea... I suggest somewhere private out back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jon Scanlan

Tape dont like sticking to that stuff, it actually ripped trying to un roll it

• Funny Funny x 1