In Memory of Eric Roessler

Discussion in 'In Memoriam' started by Jim McClain, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I am sad to report to you the passing of Eric Roessler, of ER Floor Repair, Reno, NV. Eric spent many years installing and repairing carpet, vinyl hardwoods and laminates in the Northern Nevada area. Eric had a major heart attack at just 48 years old. He leaves behind a wife and other family that I have yet to gather complete information on. I will give you that information when I have it.

Funeral services will be at Walton Funeral Home, at their chapel on the corner of Second and Vine Streets, in Reno, NV. on September 5, 2006, at 3PM. TheFloorPro.com will be sending a donation in support of the wife and any children of $50.00 as soon as we have an address. I hope that you will take the time to send your condolences and possibly a small donation when I post the address in the next day or so. If, instead, you would like to add to the donation TheFloorPro.com will be sending, I would be happy to provide you with PayPal information for you to do so. Our donation will be in the name of "The Floor Pro Community" and will otherwise be anonymous.

If you would like to leave your thoughts here in this thread, please do so. I will pass along to the family information to be able to access this forum and see your messages of hope and condolence.

We are greatly saddened by the loss of a fellow professional. We honor Eric now with our thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.

TFP Admin

2. Jerry Thomas

Jerry Thomas Charter Member Senior Member

Well, I did not know Eric but his name rings a bell with me for some reason. I am always sorry when an installer dies so young. Very sad and I send my condolences to all his family and friends. I would be happy to contribute what I can to help his family through this very difficult time.

3. tony lamar

tony lamar Charter Member

I'm so sorry for your sudden and unexpected loss.Nothing I can say can take away your pain, but I'll keep you in thought and in prayer.

4. Tandy Reeves

Tandy Reeves Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. May God comfort you as only he can. Be strong and lean on each other. Come here and talk to us. We would love to know more about Eriic and his family. God bless you.

5. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of your loss , i am sure the industry has lossed a great pro ..
    Our thoughts and Prayers go out to you and your family ..
    The Arreras

6. Steve Olson

Steve Olson Hardwood/Laminate Guru Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Please accept, from myself and my family, our deepest, and most heartfelt sympathies upon hearing of the sudden loss of your loved one. Though we did not have the privilege of knowing Eric personally, we did share the common bond of our chosen trade, and for that, we will hold his memory close in our hearts.
    Respectfully,
    SK Hardwoods, and family

7. Daniel Wachtel

Daniel Wachtel Charter Member

It is sad to see the loss of someone who shared so much in common with ourselves. At a time like this I find comfort in Psalm 23

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Eric's family.

8. Bud Cline

Bud Cline Tile Expert Charter Member Senior Member Published

Eric Roessler Family,
    My wife and I offer our deepest sympathy at this sad time of loss of a loved one. May Eric rest in piece and may you his family and his loved ones find comfort in his memories for all eternity. Our prayers are with you.

9. Jim McClain

I am sorry for the delay, but I have just received the official announcement from Eric's sister, Elizabeth Pope:

Eric N. Roessler

Eric N. Roessler, 48, beloved husband, father, brother, uncle, step-father and grandfather died of a heart attack on Saturday, August 26, 2006 while at home in Reno, NV. Eric was born April 15, 1958 in Tokyo, Japan, the 8th of nine children of Paul and Ann Roessler. Eric returned to the United States when he was 2 years old, and graduated in 1976 from Walter Johnson High School, Bethesda, Maryland.

Eric moved to Lake Tahoe after graduation with his friend, Ron Taylor, and his three brothers to enjoy skiing and the out of doors while working as a professional floor installer. Eric later moved to Gardnerville, NV and then to Reno where he owned ER Floor Repairs.

Eric was preceded in death by his parents Paul and Ann Roessler and his niece, Elizabeth “Bitsy” Roessler.

He is survived by his wife, Lisa Peek Roessler, his daughter, Erin Roessler, step children, Micah Peek (Kimberly) and Becky Peek of Reno, NV, brothers, Paul Roessler (Penny) of Boise, Idaho, Lee Roessler of Tahoe City, CA and Tim Roessler of Athens, Ohio, sisters, Elizabeth Pope (Don), Barbara Roessler, Nancy Rapp (Dennis) of Reno, Mary Sanchez (Ruben) of Studio City, CA and Christina Drost (Rick) of El Paso, TX.

Eric is also survived his grandchildren, Brian and Crystal Peek, nieces Allison Pope, Valerie Drost, Jessica Hatfield and nephews Cpl. Adam Pope USMC, Ruben and Matthew Sanchez, Kevin Drost and Aaron Hatfield.

A celebration of Eric’s life will be held on Tuesday, September 5, 2006 at 3:00 PM at Walton’s Funeral Home, 875 W. 2nd St.

Expressions of sympathy may be sent to:

Lisa Peek Roessler
    c/o The Law Office of Donald K. Pope
    1188 California Ave.
    Reno, NV 89509
    ______________________________________​

Now that I have an address, I will forward our donation to the memorial fund of the Roessler family in the name of The Floor Pro Community. Although doanations are not necessary, if you would like to add to our donation, PM me for info. If you would like to send your own personal donation, please use the address above. You can also continue to leave your thoughts and prayers here in this thread for the family to see.

Thank you for your kindness and compassion. It is gratifying to see our community spirit reach out to the family of one of our fellow professionals. We may not have known him, but he was one of us.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. DJ

DJ Charter Member

sorry to hear of another installer loss

my condolences,heart disease is a killer,check up or check out! i get checked every 6 months. this year, i have high blood pressure,120/90 not to be fooled around with! doc said" keep it down, take these pills or die of a heart attack or worse, have a stroke":eek: i'm 42...dj

11. Bill Vincent

Bill Vincent Charter Member

My sincerest condolences to the family, as well. Remember-- this isn't "good-bye". It's "See you later." Not that that helps right now, I know.

12. Enroes13

Enroes13 Guest

Eric Roessler was my father.. I have never really looked online for anything about my dad..But to see this, even a year later..warms my heart..and brings tears to my eyes. Thank you all.
    Sincerely,
    Erin Roessler

13. Jim McClain

We are happy to honor your father here, Erin. I hope all is well with you and yours.

TFP Admin

14. Bill Vincent

Bill Vincent Charter Member

Amen to that. :)

15. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Well-Known Member

My sentiments also ..

16. Lisa Roessler

Lisa Roessler New Member

This site

Thank you, Jim. I just saw this site, I'm sorry I had never even heard of it. Thank everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers. I wish I could have known of this earlier, kind words are appreciated at such horrible times. As far as donations go, I hope you never made any, as I never received any, But the thought was very nice. Thanks again for all the loving thoughts, they brought tears to my eyes, as usual, I still miss him every day. Lisa Roessler

17. Jim McClain

I'm so glad you found us, Lisa. I hope this wasn't too sad to find, but brought back some happy memories too. Yes, I did send a donation. Once I learned of the address, I mailed a check to:

Lisa Peek Roessler
    c/o The Law Office of Donald K. Pope
    1188 California Ave.
    Reno, NV 89509

It was probably only for $50.00, but may have included any additional money donated to me in Eric's name. We do have some generous members that were around back then, so it is possible that the check was for more. Unfortunately, I don't have records from that far back, so I can't look up an old check register. I also don't have the same bank - the one I had then went out of business - and I wouldn't know who to contact for a transaction nearly 8 years old. I tried to contact the attorney, Donald Pope, but the number listed is not in service and the 411 operator says there is no one by that name in Reno. I'm sorry.

I hope you and your family are doing well now and are looking forward to bright futures.

Best R'gards,

Jim

18. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

I know this happened years befor I joined but my he rest in peace.
    Its hard with the loss of a loved one.