I lost my post ! HELP

Discussion in 'TFP Support and Feedback' started by Mike Sliwinski, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

While composing a masterpiece :p letter in the Business Forum, I went to spell check a word and when I came back to it a few new paragraphs disappeared :mad: What should I do next time ?

Thanks
    Mike

2. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I've had that happen a few times. The last time I found it very lightly printed at the bottom of where I was going to post.

:old:

Daris

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Sorry you had that problem, Mike. One of the best features of this forum software is it auto-saves drafts every 60 seconds. I remember more than once I had started to reply to a topic, got waylaid, closed the browser, then came back later to find my post was still in the message editor, although it was kinda grayed out (that "very lightly printed" Daris mentioned). I clicked in the message box and it came back to life right where I stopped typing.

draft-saved01.jpg

It's possible you could lose some of what you posted because you left between draft saves, but it should save most of your post, especially if it was a couple paragraphs long, or you took at least a minute to type your message. Now, if you happen to delete or backspace over a large part of your message and then the system did a draft save, then yeah, you lose all of that permanently.

As far as spell checking; don't all browsers spell check as you type now a days? I know mine does - Chrome browser. You might have to set that in the browser preferences, but I think they all spell check now. Occasionally I'll not trust the spell check feature and look it up on Google, but the spell check is pretty good most of the time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

You should put it on paper first. Awaken in the middle of the night and begin thriving on your creations.

I’ll hit send sometimes before finished so it’s not lost. Did that back a few years ago, lost stuff, just gibberish though,(is that spelled right? I do sometimes look up definitions and sometimes I wing it!

Classical music’s child prodigies - Classic FM

5. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I got Chrome and it doesn't on this site but does on others. Do you have to designate what sites?

:old:

Daris

6. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I don't think so Daris. You can check the settings - upper-right corner, click the 3 vertical dots to see a menu. Click on Settings, then go to the bottom and click Advanced. There is a spelling error option.

If you use an ad blocker, it might conflict with some settings, but I've never used one, so I don't know for sure. All ad blockers have the ability to whitelist specific sites, so my hope is that this site is on regular visitors' whitelist. I try hard not to allow Google Adsense to show obtrusive ads and supporting members, like you, shouldn't see ads within any of the content areas. But again, I'm not sure if an ad blocker conflicts with the spell checking feature. Spell checking is not part of the software used on TFP, so there's no way I could enable or disable it.