I’m just crazy for working

Discussion in 'Concrete Floor Finishes' started by epoxyman, Apr 24, 2019.

1. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

My newest job is over past Kissimee in Florida it’s a 2 hour drive one way that’s ok I knew it when we priced it out

But I leave my house at 4:45 am get to the job about 6:50 or so and I have to take down road barricades and it’s two rows of theses things that weigh a ton and it’s right on a 5 lane road that’s very busy.

Then I got to unlock the job and drag out the generator to. And fixing the drains that are all covered in concrete.
    The stuff I do for work I think us flooring guys go above and beyond what we get paid to do. At least tomorrow is my last day there hopefully I don’t get ran over tomorrow in the am. At least I’m at the job site by myself no other trades so that’s a plus.
    Ok I’m off my soapbox now lol

Ron.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

It’s not crazy hot yet though. Don’t you have like a cow plow on the front bumper? S-26 shiny.

Had to pull my generators out. Contractor could’ve told me one 110 outlet was all there was. No porta potty on job, dumpster full, some reason the guy removing vinyl gave up and they called me. Hope whenever I get a check it clears cause I see signs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Guy's got a job 107 miles from my house and the union shop I work for is slow. He's trying to make offers.........nonspecific.

It's NEVER worth my while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mike Antonetti

Nice Caution tape Ron! First ever I’ve seen it. I’m working with a sign guy now, larger than the standard caution A frames. Need it to say specific things.

I don’t think “caution” is stern enough.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

I always wanted to get caution tape that said "Stay the F*** out, angry floor guy in area" but i clearly never did that

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Well got my job all done
    But on the way home got pulled over by DOT had to go through a roadside inspection and the logs of the epoxy materials I was carrying it’s been a long day

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mike Antonetti

Looks good. Wondered what the State Trooper suburbans were for. Wonder no more, stay away from me he

8. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

You do some really nice work man, I always enjoy seeing the things you can make out of a mess of old concrete

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1