I’m for a saving money but ....

Discussion in 'Taking a Break From Flooring' started by epoxyman, Apr 9, 2019.

1. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Better than what Grizwald did for Aunt Edna :rolleyes:

Seriously though, not enough details have been provided in the article to post a real opinion, however, I think I'll give a general one.

If I was the father at a ripe old age of 80 something, I wouldn't want my family incurring un-known expenses from another country after having a deadly heart-attach.

Mike

3. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

That’s funny

2E2B0ED3-3081-4C18-94FA-BD8F87CB755B.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

No doubt it woud have been a freaking HASSLE to deal with an American hospital and then have then take control of the body (hostage situation) and then fight for insurance money for both the hospital visit and the formaldehyde treatments------THEN shipping costs to move the body across the border and start paying the Canadian funeral expenses. My heart goes out to that family. Not everyone can write blank checks out to the vultures in our health care system

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

My mom called my wife one day asking that when the time comes to bring her back from Daytona to citrus county. First she said when you’re sick? My wife doesn’t/didn’t like to talk about those things, no when she passes. So my wife says sure I’ll rent a Ryder truck and bring you back, my mom says oh you’re such a good daughter in law. Wife said it would have been @ 2000$ for 150 mile ride from the funeral home, my mom checked. My mom preplanned everything, paid for her plot 20 years ago, bought herself some flowers I think, everything paid for.