I’m changing to a Bagger

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment and Supplies' started by Mike Antonetti, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I have a pre separator, works good, but the super fine dust still goes to the vac tank. I’m over it dumping the tank when it fills up. The dust dropping into the bag, seeing the quantity then just zip tie and cut. So maybe get a tank if you want to do it the hard way or get the bagger, I think the longopacs are @30$ which not sure how many full size bags it can make, but worth it in time savings, dust containment.

The pulsebac 1250 sits atop, the only size or bigger to get in my opinion.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Yep my Ermator has the bags it works great no dust bins to deal with and the mess at times
    I get about 30 bags to a new pack of bags just make sure you use two zip ties on the bags case they can slip off the bags
    I did right at 240 lf of edges and over 1,000 sf today and used 4 bags and it was nice cause I was really deep into this building very long walk to the dumpster

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jonathan Garcia

Jonathan Garcia Pro Member

Hey Mike, how is the bagger system working for you? I'm really thinking of getting a 1250 with the bagger system. Is there a huge price increase from the 20 gal tank to bagger option? worth it?

4. Mike Antonetti

Really really like it. Not sure about cost difference but I called Friday about finding out cost of another one. I believe the bagger setup was 1600$ but I’m thinking about cutting my tank and buying the plastic funnel portion with longopac setup and have a buddy weld it up (the lower rim portion) then bolt on longopac portion and weld me a cart.

The plastic containment bagging system I now get on Ebay I think 80$ for 4 sets of plastic.

The vac is a little top heavy and the wheels are a little small, but worth the tradeoff.

Not sure how new style pins are working, I have a couple installed so far so good. Inlet I need to change out to 3” just to reduce chances of clogging at the elbow on inlet, that curve can catch longer debris but my pre separators are keeping the vac side a lot cleaner.

With the pre separator I’ve dumped maybe 80 bags or more, the vac bagger maybe 10? Dust in the bagger is fluffy light. I need to do some testing of my cfm numbers to evaluate how everything’s working, was going to this weekend but fixed a pin and a few other maintenance and tool changes, repairs, modifications, organizing.

I’m having supply issues with Ebay, some manufacturers are not restocking their supplies, then Ebay doesn’t retain order history very far back. The longopac bags are a little pricey, 40$ a set, I couldn’t see paying that for plastic garbage bags folded up nicely. Think I got my last set of bags from China for 65$. Here’s Sase, I took picture before link won’t work and it disappears.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jonathan Garcia

So you have a separate then the bagger system?

6. Mike Antonetti

Why yes I do Sir! You wonder why I suppose. I always have several reasons when I make a decision though right now I may not be able to “recall” all of them. First I had my tanks, I got tired of dumping them and wanted an easier way, the preseparators would get most of the material and put it in an easy to dispose of form, put two tie wraps on, cut between and you have your trash. Another is time, faster than dumping tanks. Convenient. Guessing how much is in the vac when to dump it. Buying contractor bags got old and felt wasn’t always filling them up but didn’t want to open bags to dump more debris into.

Bagger looks way more technical than a vacuum cleaner tank.

So the preseparator gets about 80% of debris, so I would still need to dump vac tank, not acceptable to me cause well I hate dumping tanks. Then CDC Larue came out with the bagger for the vac and that was completion of touching the open dust bags. OSHA doesn’t like us to have open dust.

The pre separator is also saving my filters from excessive debris and keeps filters cleaner and newer because I don’t like replacing filters either at 230$, now I believe they’re going up to 275$ every “6” months. I really need an hourmeter on my vacs and quantify versus a time period mentality.

I called cdclarue, the bagger is like 2200$, (lists for 2600$) with two longopacs, ouch.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  7. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Separators work. I saw this at a training.

phone 422.jpg

Attached Files:

8. Mike Antonetti

The pre separator will help, for 1200$ it sounds better than the “2200” for the vac bagger. For general grinding I guess it’s not necessary but vacuum volumes of thinset.
    Ermator C3000 Pre-Separator | Jon-Don

I’d like a variable speed jet engine to get whatever cfm I need. 0-10,000 cfm

9. Jonathan Garcia

Hey Mike, my 1250 model with bagger arrived this week. I'm liking it already, even though I haven't put it to the test. but next week its going to get tested. got 800 of tile demo, and 1400 sqft of hardwood demo, and getting it ready for new flooring. So cant wait. my next big purchase is a stand up grinder, looking at the edco 10" turbo grinder.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mike Antonetti

I would not get the edco grinder, it seems logical in theory but not practical. I’ve used mine maybe 5 times in 5 years. I hope you’re getting good money demo’ing.

We did a tile removal today, 450 ft over sheet vinyl felt, came up easy, ground adhesive, floating vinyl coretec? going down so vapor barrier, told customer adhesive would mildew if not removed after the 20$ tip, they were ecstatic of the results. Done by 2pm, quick 700$.

I love the bagger still, the c3000 pre separator is another component but keeps debris out of filter area of vac and prolongs filter replacement. Bagger is top heavy with vacuum head on top so be careful to prevent tip over. The halos help prevent damage, most of mine including regular vac have fallen over inside the trailer and cracked the plastic covers, oh well, just keeps working.

I’d like to know your plan of attack for the hardwood removal. 1400 ft needs efficiency.

Homeowner in garage, smoking a big ole cigar and drinking a coffee with some Ryobi radio/hearing protection, I was thinking he one upted me on ryobi.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Jonathan Garcia

so, no stand up grinder? just hand held grinder? i have a metabo 24w230mvt, a beast, pops breakers left and right always by it self on a breaker.
    I'm doing a lot of insurance claims for 2 contractors/companies. which in most cases if it gets wet a bit and cant find same product it gets demoed all of it. pay is good, getting around 2.50-3dlls a sqft for the demo part.

12. Mike Antonetti

You shouldn’t be tripping a 20 amp dedicated breaker often. A long while ago I built some boxes (4) 2- 3 prong 30&50 amp plugs, and 2- 4 prong 30&50 amp plugs to break down 220 volt stove and dryer outlets to 2-110 volt 20 amp breakers. So mostly residential also in newer homes the fridge, microwave, and washing machine should be 20 amp dedicated circuits.

The TG-10 is ok, the newer magna cert segments are better than full grinding blades due to diversity. There are circumstances when it would apply, just few and far between and other tools would be used more often so investing in those equals more productivity.

We sit on Racatacs and grind.

13. Jonathan Garcia

There's been only a few instances where it doesn't pop breakers, even on "20amp breakers", i did ask around and their was another flooring guy that he said the metabo grinders out of all other grinder would pop breakers compared to other grinders, he asked the electricians to check why it was popping breakers (large construction project), they couldn't figure it out, they had spider boxes just for them, no one else using their power source and it would still pop breakers.

14. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Yep I have two 7” metabo grinders for all my edges and smaller floors and at times they will pop the power off.
    I do keep my runs down to 100lf if I can just at times hard to do.

I do use a number 8/3 power cords so they are plenty big enough
    But if we trip off the power I’ll get out the hitachi 7” grinders and they run just fine. On our bigger floor grinding or shot blast it’s a 3 phase 204 30 amp and we have enough cord to run about 250-275 feet so we can do a long pull.

15. Mike Antonetti

Hitachi is now Metabo, red that the other day. I’ve not had luck with my spider box. They say 20 amp but tripped a lot on one project I used it on. Plugged from 30amp 220 dryer outlet in a church. 500$ sitting around!

Some breakers are designed to trip fast, same with fuses on your 1250 when you get it. There’s two fuses, one 15 amp slow blow and another 1/2 amp for the circuit board. I had my generator running the vac and blew the 1/2 amp fuse(for pulsing the filters) guy (Alonso- pulsebac Tec)said I need surge protector plugged into vac. Haven’t tried his idea yet.

My Dewalt would trip 20 amp breaker every now and again when initial startup, odd like it has attitude, sometimes I could predict it. Some equipment has “slow start” to prevent the draw needed.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

I did the same thing Mike and it changed my life. Mostly for new home reno and my grinder vacuum combo. Can't find a breaker that is isolated... MAKE YOUR OWN lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mike Antonetti

Built in ovens or natural gas appliances sometimes limit availability. One with a gas line and 220 I plugged my tg-10 (grinding a big hump)in and it heated up and shut off, I believe an electrician wired it 110 to power the gas stove.

Also conventional generators provide dirty electric. The inverter generators provide “clean” electric for electronics/circuit boarded equipment. Sine waves are normal. Cost of them are high though.