Hurricane Preparedness

Discussion in 'Health & Safety Forum' started by Mike Antonetti, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Whats East side doing to get ready? Few of you guys it’s coming your way.

2. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

I remember when I was like 10 living in Nova Scotia, I ran around the neighbourhood and picked up all my tonka trucks..... that's about all I ever had to do to prep for a hurricane :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mike Antonetti

7E6222B6-EEE0-40CF-8EDC-4C954DA7A43F.jpeg Logically preparation here would have been futile.

4. Darren Ramey

Darren Ramey Charter Member

Here in Winston Salem, I was without power for almost 5 days. Had to throw out a ton of food and still haven’t emptied out my big freezer. I couldn’t find a generator for sale anywhere Friday. I could’ve driven out of town to get one but I kept thinking the power would be back on any minute now.

I still don’t have internet. I put a WiFi extender on an extension cord so I could mooch off a neighbor and get my taxes sent off last night.

They are still lines down and debris everywhere. I didn’t see this coming at all. I was pissed just because I thought it was gonna rain a couple days.

5. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

I’m just over in Taylorsville. If there is anything I can ever do to help out a fellow floor guy, just let me know. We gotta stick together you know.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Hey Mark, I am headed to Nova Scotia this week, Doing a training session with 10-12 sales reps. Have you ever heard of The Old Orchard Inn in Annapolis Valley Nova Scotia? They have a conference center there, where the training is set for.

7. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

I sure have. That brings back memories from about 20 years past.
    Can't believe it is still there!!

If you make it to Windsor, which you will driving down from haifax.... that's my old stomping grounds. Before the west coast called

Have fun there man, this time of year is beautiful.

8. Mike Antonetti

We were without power for 5 days in 2005? Everything went bad in fridge but we were cooking as much as we could on the gas grill. You learn a lot without power. It was city so we still had water. Now we have a pool so flushing water is available (it’s only use)