How To Heat Weld Flash Cove

Discussion in 'Article Discussion Forum' started by Jim McClain, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

We have a new sponsored article from Turbo Heat Welding Tools.

Read the whole article here: How to heat weld flash cove You are invited to discuss the article, either as a reply to this topic, or by using the comment form below the article.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018 at 12:18 AM
  2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

That's very nice of him, I haven't read it yet. This Leo guy seems to be a great asset to the vinyl trade and highly regarded.

3. JCW355

JCW355 Pro Member

The guy has definitely developed tools that help out, just have lots of cash.

4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I see Evan has posted about the Groover on Turbo's site, that guy is everywhere there's information on Flooring, Aren't you Evan?

5. icanlayit2

icanlayit2 Pro Member

Once I started using turbo tools, My installations went to a whole new level. Leo is very helpful. I love his tools! And whatever the tools cost you can make back on 1 job with the time saved.

6. CWEflooring

CWEflooring Pro Member

image.jpg Welding cap coving is one of the things i enjoy most when going wet rooms it brings the whole job together . Welding internal corners i struggled with for years so to not risk putting all my efforts to waste after installing sheet cap and cove on site i made a fitting board and attacthed 2 bits of timber on a sheet of thick ply fixed capping strip to it and cove former and used scrap bits of material to practice at home now its so easy i dont think about it any more . Below is a pic of a recent wet room i did with welded internals .

7. CWEflooring

CWEflooring Pro Member

Welding pics

Attached Files:

8. JCW355

JCW355 Pro Member

Use to be one of my favorite things to do, not anymore. Doing it all day and not moving around much makes my knees hurt.

9. McCarthy Bros Flash

McCarthy Bros Flash Pro Member

Definitely takes time and lots of practice to come up with your own tricks to perfection. I enjoy it but in no way would I want to be doing it all day everyday.

10. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

I can pretty much GUARANTEE there will be a ridiculously high incidence rate of cancer fro heat welding vinyl. Like tobacco and alcohol though it will take multiple generations to PROVE scientifically beyond any legal doubt that sticking your nose 2 feet away from melting plastic 8-10 hours a day for months and years on end is unhealthy.

Who could have ever guessed?