How to communicate with Anyone in the world.

Discussion in 'High Tech Tools & Equipment Support' started by Mike Antonetti, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

How do I ask a question or say good job to say, a news anchor, and them communicate back? Is it Twitter or is that just post and follow? LinkedIn? Facebook? without some form of "do you accept"?

2. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I try to go to the news website to find a link but for some its hard. I was going to do that to one and they had nothing on the site to contact them. I did a local TV station once and picked up their business cards which had some contact points on them. Most are on facebook so that's where I would look if nowhere else. I got you on LinkedIn though.

3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Thanks Ken, 2 way communication like this is Direct, and I know sending some texts to someone who doesn't know me expecting them to respond when they could get thousands of questions a day may be perhaps unrealistic.

Say I watched a video on utube on the Tesla, very interesting and now I want one(used) top $ is 40 k. Got on cargurus and found some. I'd like to say nice work Elon! Just one example, but sometimes I need a reply of a question.

4. SteveG

SteveG Pro Member

Depends on what you're after. I've written to the CEO of several major companies (Verizon, Krispy Kreme, Taco Bell) and gotten responses back from their correspondence offices. I used PlanetFeedback to send my email, since they maintain a database of contact addresses. - Best for company policies and business decisions.

For some companies, I use their official feedback mechanisms. I wanted to compliment a Lowe's employee so I wrote my comments on their site, because those things have a way of trickling down through every supervisor along the way. - Best for individuals working for a large company.

For mom and pop or local places I pick up the phone or visit the store to find the boss. I shake their hand and thank them personally. If applicable I'll also leave them reviews on Google Maps. I'm a "local guide" so my reviews get bumped to the top and marked with a little badge - people trust badges lol.

Back in 2007 we were doing a big event for a local non-profit I was working with. I wrote a letter to President Bush inviting him to come a speak (to our little 200 people event). I got back a very gracious letter apologizing that he wouldn't be able to attend, he included some personal remarks about our event and everything though. He also included a signed portrait of himself. It was the coolest thing to get up and read a personal letter from the President on official White House letterhead and everything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1