Home Depot's Lifeproof Luxury Vinyl Plank

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by StephK10, Oct 19, 2017.

1. StephK10

StephK10 Member

Not sure if this is frowned upon to have 2 threads going but my other one is strictly installation based so here it goes:

What are peoples' thoughts on this product?
    Have you had success with it?
    What surfaces have you installed it over?
    How is it holding up so far?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

The product itself seems to be pretty decent. There is a thinner and a thicker version and they both appear to be holding up well as long as they are installed per their instructions. The thicker version is fairly easy to install if you should choose to do it yourself. The thinner one just requires a little more finess when being installed.

There is a caveat to Lifeproof. It is a HD exclusive so that means dealing with people in orange aprons. Any box store will have its own rigamarole that you have to deal with and a certain degree of uncertainty when it comes to the installer that will be knocking on your door. Could be a slam dunk or could be a flop. You just don’t know. But the product itself is pretty decent.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. StephK10

StephK10 Member

Thanks Chris. HD is NOT doing the installation, having an independent contractor of my own so I can have a much better experience :)

4. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

In that case I’d say you will be alright. It’s a drop n lock product with pad attached on the back so installation is a breeze. I’ve done a fair amount of it in the past few months and I don’t have anything bad to say about the product itself. Best of luck with your project.

• Like Like x 1