Has it really been eleven whole years?

Discussion in 'TFP Site News & Announcements' started by Jim McClain, May 5, 2017.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

The Floor Pro Community opened its virtual doors eleven years ago. We've had some struggles and we're up against some stiff competition, not just from other flooring related forums, but facebook and other social media that eats away at traffic and participation in every niche group of forums across the Net. We're doing okay.

Not great, mind you, but okay. We are 30 registrations shy of 15,000 members (as of this post). That is one hell of a lot of questions answered and discussions carried on. We have helped each other be better at what we do. That has been the goal of TFP from the beginning. And we have helped consumers and DIYers with their projects, saved them headaches and money and time and who knows what all. Sometimes with too little appreciation.

TFP would not be possible without the support of the 5,508 members who have posted. Some of those have posted again and again and I wish I could thank each one of those personally.

We will be undergoing some changes very soon. I hope they will make the time you spend here more fun, more productive and more interesting.

Please take the time to let me know some of your thoughts about TFP for the time you've spent here. What would you like to see in the future. Maybe it's something that can be implemented now, or very soon. And what do you want of me? I don't read minds, so let me know what's on your mind.

If I could have just one wish, I'd ask for you to start a new topic about something you would like to share or discuss about the floor covering industry. It can be about the old days or about the new days ahead, something good or something bad. In fact, it doesn't even have to be about floors, if you'd like to talk about something else - family, friends, trips, hobbies, education or play time. But, as one of our 11-year old rules states, no politics, no religion.

Thank you VERY much for being a member of The Floor Pro Community.

Jim McClain

2. UncleCliffie

UncleCliffie Charter Member

All I can say Jim, it's been one heck of a ride!
    Thanks Jim. Every morning first thing, I check my mail and click on the THE FLOOR PRO! I then check many, many times each day to see the most recent posts. As I write this, I am heading to bed @ midnight. My addiction goes back to the first or second day after you fired this thing up.
    Thanks again Jim. Goodnight!
    Dick

3. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

Same here Jim. It's been an honor to have been part of TFP since the early days.

4. otis

otis Fuzzy side up

There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum, and I troll it everyday! Great job Jim AND members!
    And I only talk politics and religion when drinking...never on forums!;)

5. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Jim you have a great site and tons of info and good info too,
    big thanks to you and all your hard work.

Ron

6. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Jim, kudos to you for a great site, it is a help to so many in so many different ways.

For professionals, I know of three who have gotten jobs because of contacts made here. For me when I was an independent inspector it was only because of contacts made here that I was successful.

Always remember some of the older ones like Tandy Reeves who was such an encouragement!

7. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Yes Jim thank you very much for everything you have done over the 11 years when I first joined
    Another thing is the friendship TFP has created through its members over the years
    With our travels overseas members like Toomely at London, Mike at Boston, Deb at Canada, Selva at Nashville have all looked after us when we have been there
    With trips to Surfaces meeting other members there and putting a face to the names has all been good. Even met you Jim a couple of times :)
    Here is to the next 11 years but I don't think I will be laying floors when I am 81 but will be still checking in :)
    Another thing about TFP it allows layers from all countries, even here in New Zealand, to keep up with the latest laying tricks. We do not have anything like TFP in NZ where layers can talk to each other

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  8. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I missed more than the first half, I guess this was called one of those "chat rooms"? Was that dial up era? The internet and technology have come a long way, similar to the advancements of aviation.

Glad to be here, preciate the efforts.

9. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

This is my place to come and re-focus myself. I can learn, I can share my knowledge and I can enjoy some of the best people in our industry!

Jim, I cannot say thank you enough for this place!:yesss: