Happy Thanksgiving to TFP!!!

Discussion in 'Taking a Break From Flooring' started by Commercial Floor Rep, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!

I appreciate all of you and I'm so very thankful for all you've shared and taught me this past year!!

God Bless, be safe in your travels and have a relaxing holiday!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Thanks Chuck. I'm staying home. One of my neighbors said she'd bring me a plate of food, so I'm looking forward to that. I haven't been able to cook much the last week, so that will be a real welcome change.

I hope you and everyone else here at TFP will have a good Thanksgiving Holiday with family and friends. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. My mom is making my favorite pie for tomorrow - Sugar Cream. When I was a kid, my grandma would make it. She always called it old people pie for some reason - still don't know why to this day. My dad always says it's because you don't need teeth to eat it because it's basically just a custard filling. If you were closer Jim, I'd bring you a piece. But, I'm afraid that even if I leave right now I wouldn't make it back in time for work on Monday. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

Happy turkey day to all. Jim, sounds like you are ready for more steak;)

5. Oh my God Chris!!! I just saw your new title under your avatar!!!!!

Made my day! Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

Well lads, no holiday here in the great white north, but that won't stop me from wishing you all the best!

Enjoy some well deserved time with loved ones and relax. It is all that counts.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chris 45

I take my job seriously!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. I've had a turd of a week with problems. My thoughts were on that island pretty heavy the last 3 days. We're closed Friday so I got a four day weekend! Need the break to reset and recharge a bit.

9. Mark Brown

it's not as tropical but I am in Nova Scotia right now and islands are kinda cheap. I could find us one I'm sure.

I got a hundred grand to make it happen.... this sounds better than flying home :)

10. Just keep drinking...the temperature won't matter so much!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Not quite yet. A little health setback has plagued me lately. My lungs aren't letting me cook anything that smokes or fumes. Even the steam from boiling water (and the dishwasher, hot shower, etc.) has put some limits and obstacles in front of me. It may take a while to recover enough to cook up a steak. The 4 you sent me were really good though - better than most of the meat available around here. For a "meat 'n' potatoes" kinda guy like me, that was one of my favorite donations. :yesss:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chris 45

Well there goes the traeger idea for Christmas. Lol. Hope you get better before Mark turns our island into lord of the flies.:p

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Deep fried turkey for me again this year. One with a Tandoori rub and one with a Cajun rub

• Like Like x 3
  14. Chris 45

That sounds good. I’m deep frying a turkey as well while mom in law is baking a second turkey. Now if I woulda just bought some of those stove top stretchy pants...

15. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Thanks everyone and Happy Thanksgiving !!..... especially you Jim !

Feel better soon
    Mike

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dan Schultz

Dan Schultz Certified Wood Floor Inspector Charter Member

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

You know, it's not all about the feast. Although, fat guys like me really enjoy that part. Haha!

It's about being thankful for important things. Like, family, friends, being on the top side of the grass, etc.

I'd like to throw out a thanks to Jim, TFP, and all you guys here, for all you do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

We do not celebrate Thanksgiving here (yet)
    Hope all you guys have a good day while I work :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

Stayed off the internet pretty much all day yesterday. Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving

• Like Like x 1
  19. UncleCliffie

UncleCliffie Charter Member

You all sure know how to celebrate Thanksgiving. My family all showed up at our place Wednesday afternoon to celebrate the day. Wife and I planned an easy day on Thursday, but Thursday afternoon found us at the ER with me suffering severe chest pains. So off we went in the Big Blue truck with the pretty flashing lights to the heart hospital. While I survived the night, Friday, which happened to be the 41st anniversary of my 39th birthday,(That's my 80th for those of you who are mathematically challenged)! was spent lying on a hard flat board while very expensive personnel fiddled around in my ticker
    I sure was glad that I had worked in an easy, stress less occupation. I had my first heart episode in September, 1967 at the tender age of 29 so this was not my first rodeo. I am so thankful that I can continue to visit this site to keep all of you young-ens in line!
    Dick

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mark Brown

Glad to hear your back on the mend. That's not a good place to be at any time, have a family with heart problems and have seen the other side of that equation. It's scary to be certain.

Here's to wishing you the 42nd anniversary to your 39th birthday next year! preferably under better circumstances.