Guidance on Epoxy Floor system for professional

Discussion in 'Concrete Floor Finishes' started by Fredericks Floors, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Fredericks Floors

Fredericks Floors Pro Member

Hey everyone. I am the 3rd generation owner of a floor covering business out of Ohio. I have been getting in to some larger commercial projects and very high end homes lately and I continue to see beautiful epoxy floors being used. None of my local distributors for my current flooring supplies seem to deal with any epoxy brands. I am looking for some guidance on a professional grade epoxy coatings system to research. As a company we do a lot of extensive floor prep and leveling work so I felt that the world of epoxies would probably be similar and a transition we could make. So if any of you pros out there have opinions on what systems to use I would love to hear about them. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

The multimillionaire commercial/industrial company I worked for years ago got most of their materials out of Ohio.

3. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Hang tight. We do have some epoxy pros here and I'm sure they will chime in soon.

4. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

I have been in the flooring trade for 36 years and have seen a lot of epoxy material come and go so with that being said I install for Dur a flex and key resin
    Sip plast that are a roof decking materials. Koster epoxy
    All the above listed stand behind there materials and are strong players in the field of epoxys

Ron

• Like Like x 1
  5. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Elitecrete is one I get emails from, haven't used them. I like polyphatic better as it doesn't scratch and is UV stable for sunny environments. I use Vortex for that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Key Resin it was. Not sure if they got their epoxy Terrazzo there. They did Orlando, Tampa,Miami airports for years.

If you’ve been seeing them installed in homes, have you gathered all that info?

I think JonDon May be pricey but they always had plenty of product on hand, and also concrete polishing equipment/supplies.

7. Fredericks Floors

OK great. Thank you guys. I am going to start doing my research on the products listed here and see what will be a good fit for us. I have a contact at Sherwin Williams corporate that heads up the DuraSeal finishes line. I asked her about them doing any sort of epoxy products and she said they have some and would get a rep in contact with me. So I will be curious to see the differences between all of these. Thank you again for the feedback!

8. tsb

tsb well dressed

I second duraflex. Arizona polymers is another good manufacturer.

Sherwin Williams purchased general polymers a while ago and has some very good products. I have seen a lot of issues with people using sherwin williams products and imo a lot of those problems can be traced back to reps with poor training in their flooring products giving bad advice. Make sure you can get good support from whoever you decide to go with.

9. Fredericks Floors

Excellent. Thank you very much. I'm always careful with sales rep technical information. If I decide to move forward with this I plan to make sure its with a company that I can travel to and go through hands on training, for me and my guys. Never fun to try and figure something out on the job!

10. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I use only Torginal flakes, they are the best in my book.

• Like Like x 1