Gotta love this

Discussion in 'Vinyl & Rubber Flooring Sales and Installations' started by Chris Mha, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

Started a Karndean installation today. 650 square feet. R & R existing show molding. This is what I ran into. The whole job. I managed to only break one piece. This piece is 30" long and behind a refrigerator

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Must've been a union guy putting those nails in. He needed to stretch the day out to get his health benefits and pension coverage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Chris Mha

These were old school hammer and nails

4. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

that's fabulous!!

good job not destroying it all.... I can see me getting angry just looking at it :)

5. Chris Mha

Oh trust me I was getting angry

6. Steve Olson

Steve Olson Hardwood/Laminate Guru Charter Member Senior Member

Ah haaa. We have a lot of mobile homes here, that is the norm for base shoe/quarter round. I think they get paid by the nail. Most of that is finger jointed, so you really have to be careful, but at least when it breaks, its in 1 of those joints. Bonus points for you, for hanging in there!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Not enough nails. :ohno:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Looks like when my boss builds something. He'd use gutter spikes in place of finish nails if you'd let him. Good job only breaking one piece!

• Like Like x 1