Google Map Me Where?

Discussion in 'Taking a Break From Flooring' started by Steve Olson, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Steve Olson

Steve Olson Hardwood/Laminate Guru Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I looked at your map...do you really live in the middle of that volcanic crater? Looks like one heck of a commute to the nearest civilization.:)

2. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Cheeky buggar we have 4 million people here and 10 million sheep (no funny comments) and we are 11.5 hours from LA Not to bad for a volcano

3. Steve Olson

Not trying to be cheeky...I zoomed in on your map point, and didn't see any civilization. I wasn't sure if you were just point to the general area or your exact location. My apologies if I in any way offended you. The satellite view at about 50% zoom looked like a vocano. It won't zoom in enough to see any details. Sorry.

4. hookknife

hookknife Hard Surface Installer Charter Member Senior Member

Jon whats a cheeky buggar,lol:)

5. Steve Olson

He thought I was capping on him. Cheeky, smart a**. Trying to be funny. I just looked at my map point at 50% zoom. Looks about the same. Just no where near the sheep population. OK, NOW I was trying to be funny. SORRY JON!

Hey Bryan, do we need to split this post? Hee, hee!

OK, OK, I was trying again

6. Jon Scanlan

Very mild stirring said with a big smile. PS I don't think your satellite is big/powerful enough to reach New Zealand and I think Australia (that is the island to the left of us and 2.5 hours by plane) doesn't fair much better

7. Jon Scanlan

I see what you mean I checked out the marker just now and that area is about 100 miles from where I live. Not much flooring down in that area. I shifted marker (hope stays there this time) I still can not get closer but only a few miles away. NZ not big enough yet to get many details like you guys from the satellite. Sorry about that.

8. hookknife

SK , do we really want a cheeky buggar thread,lol:D

9. Steve Olson

Probably not, but what fun it would be to have Jon put down some of their fun phrases, that we might not ever hear, just for giggles..

10. hookknife

no doubt, i bet there are a few, ours prolly sound funny to him :)
    but this thread is totally derailed now,lol... better get back to the subject, or split em eh:D:D:D:D:D

11. Jon Scanlan

We have good ones here but you guys probually said them first. We had a Toyota add here that was pretty good. It did different things like a dog went to leap on the back of the truck and missed failing face first into the mud Buggar, lady did some washing and something happened with the Toyoto and washing got covered in mud Buggar, went to pull a cow out of the mud with a rope around neck You didn't see but you heard Buggar there was some more but I cann't remember.

12. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Hello Jon,

You have 2 markers on the map now. Which one do I delete? The one in front or the one in back?

13. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Never mind. I just deleted the first one you did.

I think. ;)

14. Steve Olson

You got the right one, the other was in the middle of a crater.....:eek: