Good Mid Grade Laminate Floor Recomendation

Discussion in 'Laminate Flooring Q&A' started by munkim, Apr 29, 2019.

1. munkim

munkim I Support TFP

Hi!
    We have a 1.200sq ft condo and are thinking of replacing our very old carpets with laminate flooring. We would have a pro do it. We know nothing about laminate floors and are looking for recommendations on a good, mid grade laminate. Nothing too fancy, but nothing too cheap; and durable. And - would it be wise to use laminate or go with LVP - like Armstrong ALterna glue down (which is what we are doing in our bathroom.) Also, what would be good to use on the stairs from living room to entry way?
    TIA!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  2. munkim

munkim I Support TFP

I just saw a recommendation for Quick Step. Is that a good choice? BTW, this would be for our living room area. Thank you to everyone on this forum. I really appreciate what you do!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  3. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Laminate is very slick on stairs, I personally wouldn’t do it in my own home

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. munkim

munkim I Support TFP

Thanks kylenelson. Yes, other condo owners have taken off the carpet and left them with the wood underneath. Seeing as we have 3 cats, I don't think that's a good idea, so I'm thinking carpet on the stairs.