Gas Prices

Discussion in 'Taking a Break From Flooring' started by Daris Mulkin, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

:mad: Gas prices went up twice today. The first time I was at the pump with the nozzle in my tank. Couldn't get the pump to go back to zero so took a credit card inside as I wanted to fill up. Had to wait in line and the phone rings. The man behind the counter answers and say 301. I get up to the counter and hand him my card go out to pump and he had already raised the price 2.91. I went to the seminar and get back it it is now up to 3.05.

What the price where you are?

Daris

2. Kman

Kman Tile Expert I Support TFP Senior Member Published

Around $2.80 here. Gone up 20 cents in the past week or so.

3. rusty baker

rusty baker Well-Known Member

$2.89 here. ......$2.59 last week.

4. Sean Moore

Sean Moore Pro Member

$2.599 here

5. cproader

cproader All over T's last nerve Senior Member

3.19 here and I don't use regular so I am payin 3.49.........:blink:

6. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Our prices have not changed for awhile down here
    Have we something to look forward to in the next couple of days? I thought our price was on the USA price. If yours goes up or down ours follows as they use that as what its going to cost them to refill the tanks at the service stations

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  7. polestretch

polestretch Senior Member

$2.95 in town today, tomorrow:eek:

8. rusty baker

Time to raise installation prices.

9. Darol Wester

Darol Wester Charter Member Senior Member

Diesel here is $3.38. It always jumps above unleaded this time of the year and goes below it in the summer for some reason.

10. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Diesel here is always above unleaded by about .20 per gal.

Daris

11. Darol Wester

Darol Wester Charter Member Senior Member

A little diddy I found. Makes sense, unfortunately.

"Until recently the normal pattern has been for gasoline to cost more than diesel during the summer months, when families use their autos for vacation travel, and for diesel to cost more during the winter months, when demand for home heating oil rises. (Diesel and home heating oil are similar fuels, and the price of home heating oil tends to set a floor for diesel, which could be substituted if it became cheaper.)"

12. stullis

stullis Charter Member Senior Member

I've been hearing the price jumped because of the South Korea incident. :(

Price hear jumped .15 to $2.89 but have seen prices above $3 in within 45 miles from here.

13. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I'm running my trucks on no-ethynol gas which is premium gas, $3.16 this afternoon which is down 3 cents from yesterday.

14. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Just went up the road and petrol is NZ$1 88.9 and diesel is $1 28.9 cents a litre. I think there is 5 litres to one of your gallons and one of our dollars is about 70 odd cents of your money

15. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Went to Reno today and dicided not to get gas here in Quincy, at 3.389 (don't know why they don't just go back to using 3.39 and drop the tenths). I paid 3.169 in Reno, but there were stations selling for 3.119. The one over by the VA hospital was prob'ly around 3.09, but that was too far to go to save a few pennies.

16. twomly

twomly Pro Member

Keeps going up doesn't it Diesel here is £1.22 a litre.

Twomly

17. Sean Moore

Sean Moore Pro Member

A US gallon is just barely smaller than 4 liters. I really wish we used the metric system here. I think it's the US and someplace like Uganda that are the only two holdouts.

If you're broke and cold, it is possible to burn diesel in an oil heater. Makes your house smell like a bus station and I have no idea how safe it is, but I did it a couple times. The cashier at the truck stop knew exactly what I was doing when I was putting diesel into 5 gallon buckets and tried to give me milk, asking if I had a baby at home. Because of that I assume other unemployed people did the same thing.

And I forgot to mention this yesterday, GasBuddy.com - Find Low Gas Prices in the USA and Canada is a crowd sourced gas price search engine. because it's crowd sourced (users report prices) it can be inaccurate or be behind a day or two.

18. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

It's in the low 2.90's here. Been under 3.00 for the whole year I think. That's fine with me, after moving back from hawaii where it's around 5.00 everything seems cheap!

19. rusty baker

When the Fed made thier latest manipulation a few weeks ago, several economists said it would raise gas prices to around $3.00 and it would also cause a rise in food prices and home heating costs.

20. cproader

cproader All over T's last nerve Senior Member

Airplane feul is a buggar. Flew up to Everett Wa yesterday and price there was 5.49.......:mad: