Funky toilet

Discussion in 'Flooring Potpourri' started by Don Monfils, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Don Monfils

Don Monfils PRO CARPET Charter Member

Today’s job was a small bathroom with vinyl sheet goods.
    I had to remove and replace a pedestal sink ( always fun) ... and a toilet.
    I walked into the room and almost s**t up my back o_O. I have never seen anything like it. On the sides of the bowl , near the floor there was a plastic cap ( on both sides) behind that was a philips screw.
    Anyone ever run into one of these?

Attached Files:

2. Barry Carlton

Barry Carlton I Support TFP Senior Member Published

Just.....why?!?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Haven’t. I’m all for a better flusher though. Looks like European or Europoopin.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

My toilet has smooth sides too, but behind the plastic cap is a hole. I reach in the hole and there are tri-lobe nuts that you tighten or loosen with your fingers, not a wrench. I just did an R&R of my toilet during my bathroom remodel and it was far easier than the toilets I remember from 12+ years ago. Problem this time is I didn't have the strength to actually pull up the toilet or put it back down. Good thing I still have a friend or 3. ;)

5. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

I have seen a few of those things, mostly in commercial settings. When i say a few i think the grand total is 3... but its a nicer finish then bolts on the floor to be certain.

6. seamsealer

seamsealer Pro Member

This is why you are not a plumber, better to get one and let them do what needs to be done so you can do your thing. Plumber is a good thing for floor installers.
    If I had a bath to do, the plumber removed the toilet, did any repair work and then came back, when I called, to put the toilet back. If you pull and reset (illegal in most states unless you are a licensed plumber) you are on the hook for whatever goes on with the toilet. If you are a licensed plumber, why are you not doing plumbing? More money in plumbing.:)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I hear they do make good money, truckwise plumbers drive all new around where I live. But company trucks so who’s making the good money.

8. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

Back when I did the HD thing I got into an argument with one of the HD store employees over an installer that refused to reset a toilet. I explained to them that it was illegal for us to reset toilets in that state. His response was ‘Then why is there a line item in our computer for resetting toilets?’

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

It definitely conserves energy cleaning one too. I don't like a soiled bathroom - I can take dirty dishes in the sink and missing the waste basket under my desk a couple times, but dirt on the porcelaine appliances in a bathroom... blech. :ohno: But I don't have the energy and stamina I once had when cleaning a whole bathroom. That damn exposed S-pipe of the standard toilet took 3 times as long to clean than everything else. So when I saw those smooth-sided toilets on sale at Lowe's several years ago, I got one. It takes MUCH less effort to clean my bathroom now. And thinking back about how many toilets I hugged or R&Red over the years, I wouldn't have had to be squeamish nearly as many times.

10. seamsealer

seamsealer Pro Member

Mike, I think you got to have your name on the truck to make some real money as a licensed plumber.

• Like Like x 1
  11. seawalker

seawalker New Member

Never seen anything like that before.