from the NWFA listserve

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by selvalee, Sep 21, 2006.

1. selvalee

selvalee No one special Senior Member

I got this from the NWFA about thier listserve email forum,
    seems I question their inspectors program one too many times,
    comments from actualy people who work in the biz as oppose to those who never have installed wood flooring? My opinion in blue. They highlighted the warning to me in red.

Selva Lee Tucker

Please take a minute to read the Etiquette and Rules and Conditions below. The Etiquette and Rules & Conditions must be followed by all that use the service of the NWFA Listserv. Violation of any of the items listed will result in removal from the NWFA Listserv. We will not open the NWFA to a liability situation.

Etiquette on NWFA Listserv

NWFA does not actively monitor the site and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to NWFA’s attention, NWFA will take all necessary action.As with any Web community, there are guidelines governing behavior on the LISTSERV. For instance, violating antitrust regulations, libeling others, selling, and marketing are not permissible.

Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines.

Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. (seems if someone post wrong info, you are just suppose to let it go by, the old thing, the person saying it is more important that if it is true or not)
    Do not post commercial messages.

Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws. Include your name, company, location and email address. (a paper tiger threat, if you only speak to the truth)
    Include only relevant portions of the original message in your reply.

Only send a message when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.

Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me too” to individuals—not the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail application’s forwarding option.

Alert others on the list of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says “Long Message”

Rules & Conditions of NWFA Listserv

NWFA accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this LISTSERV by others. NWFA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this LISTSERV, whether posted by NWFA or others; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall NWFA be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages, or damages of any kind whatsoever, resulting from loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this LISTSERV.

Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal information or material, and do not utilize the LISTSERV in any illegal manner. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. (no threats were ever made, I made a joke about my bad shooting and deers laughing at me)
    Do not use any words, logos or other marks that would infringe upon the trademark, service mark, certification mark, or other intellectual property rights of the owners of such marks without the permission of such owners.

Do not post any confidential information or any information that would infringe upon the proprietary, privacy or personal rights of others. (well, I mention that Armstrong uses L&N brokerage service instead of directly using inspectors but they send instructors to the NWFA inspectors class, who are not, in my opinion, to be instructors)
    By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that it owns the copyright with respect to such material, has received permission from the copyright owner, or that the material is in the public domain. The posting party further warrants and represents that it otherwise has the full and unencumbered right to post such material and that such posting will not infringe any rights or interests of others. In addition, the posting party grants NWFA and users of this LISTSERV a non-exclusive, irrevocable license to display copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or material in any manner, without payment to the posting party.

The LISTSERV shall not be utilized in any manner that violates federal or state antitrust laws or other laws prohibiting anticompetitive practices. The antitrust laws generally prohibit any agreement or understanding inconsistent with the right and obligation of competitors to exercise independent business judgment in pricing their products or services, dealing with their customers and suppliers, and selecting the markets in which to compete. No express agreement or understanding is required; one can be inferred from statements or conduct. (another "paper tiger" threat meant to scare me but since that was never done, hey, scare me? sure don't know me, only will make me mad and more determine to speak to truth)
    Do not post any information regarding specific prices, pricing practices, discounts, or other terms or conditions of sale either obtained by or offered to another entity.

Do not post any information concerning market shares, salaries, costs, sales territories, profit margins, or encouraging the selection or rejection of customers or supplies.

All postings shall be of an informational nature and for informational purposes only. Commercial use or any other unauthorized use of this LISTSERV is prohibited.

Do not use the LISTSERV to solicit or conduct business, including the direct or indirect marketing of users’ products or services in any manner. The LISTSERV may not be used to provide information, materials, products, or services in exchange for compensation of any kind.

In the event that any inappropriate posting or unauthorized use of the LISTSERV is brought to NWFA’s attention, including but not limited to prohibited posting and usage as outlined herein, NWFA will take all appropriate action, in its sole discretion. NWFA reserves the right to terminate, without prior notice, the LISTSERV access of any user who does not abide by these guidelines. (hell, been kicked out of better bars)

2. selvalee

Re: from the NWFA

just got another email, reporting me to "ED", so, I said, yep, speaking to truth is not a right, it is a duty,
    slt

3. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Resting In Peace

Do you benefit from being on their list Sel ? For me personaly , i would never join a club or group that would have me as a member .. we need guys like you siffing through the bull , and letting out the truth ..

4. selvalee

hell, Nick,
    I have been trying for six months to get kicked off!
    serious!
    I have insulted them, well, by telling the truth about them,
    now, in truth, I made a joke about shooting carpet cleaning inspectors but they had nothing to worry about since I am such a bad shot, so bad in fact, that deer laugh at me, that big bucks kick dirt in my face,,,

some people just don't have a sense of humor,
    and, being honest, I also question why Armstrong would send an instructor to thier inspector class but will not use or hire said same inspectors directly but only thru L&N??? and, asked what does that tell us, using a brokerage service????

and I question why they use want to rewrite standards to a lower level than current standards? which, in my opinions, so, I guess they are saying I can not express my opinion, I have to only say what they want,, and never question wrong info, which I have publicly, and, always say everything they do is right but, to me,
    1. who will benifit from lowering standards of milling and grading? Answer - the manufacturers.
    2. who will pay for this? the enduser? sometimes
    3. who will pay for this? the retailer? sometimes
    4. who will pay for this? the installer more than them since they will say it "meets standards" so the installer, when it looks bad from the milling or he can not get it together well is at fault , saying he is not good. And, the grading appearance? well, they will blame the installer saying he should have culled it,,,,
    5. who wants this? the low endmanufacturers and the organization that is giving them a means to do this by collecting money from the low end manufacturers.... I wonder, if an organization will pay a bonus for more money collected? is this a power grab? what is the purpose?
    and yes, I know where they burried Jimmy Hoffa! ok, I don't, just kidding.

5. Floorguy

Floorguy The Living Dead Charter Member Senior Member

Never been over there, Lee. What were you being out spoken Selva over there, and they didn't like it?

They like the K.I.S.S. method in the NWFA, ya, know. No going off the deep end. :)

6. selvalee

I know, I know, I have to behave,
    a few buds told me I am too old for this, but at my age, they are right, I should just sit here in my chair, watching TV waiting to die, yep, just sit here, wait to die, and, never challenge the evil doers! wait, wait, wait, wait, that is against national policy! :dance: :dance: :dance: :zzz: :coffee: :help: :poke: :dance:

you know, I have been challenged not to stir anything up for six months, now,lets be realistic, how about a week?

how about this, you guys, starting tomorrow, do all you can to rile me up! and see how I respond,,, who thinks I can last a week? but wait, Perry has to be here also, there has to be two of us, and the rest go at us,,, just nothing personal like about my cats and late dog, cats and puppies are off limits because there are limits,,, right!???
    ok Perry, do you think you can last a week?

7. Jim McClain

Jim McClain TFP Owner/Founder Administrator

I have no doubt you had a legitimate beef with someone or something, Selva, but that ListServ is just like another forum (only in email instead of on a website). What goes on at other discussion groups really shouldn't be discussed here for a couple of reasons. One, it's possible some of the people on that other discussion group aren't members here and so can't discuss the issues you have here. Two, some of the people here don't belong to that group and can't see all of the discussions that led up to the issues you are discussing here. It boils down to being fair to all those involved and that is impossible to do in a situation like this. That's why we have rule number 4:
    If we don't allow the discussion of the hacking and disruption that takes place at the FCI forum and we don't discuss the attacks against our forum or our members that go on at flooringinstaller.com, then we can hardly make exceptions for the issues you are having at the NWFA listserve group.

If it's a place to discuss industry issues, you are in the right place. If some other forum won't let you talk about the pros and cons of inexperienced inspectors, the differences between independent inspectors and brokerages and the importance of training in any segment of the industry, we are very happy to offer a place to discuss those issues in full.

But we also stop short of disparaging one segment of the industry or another. There are those who don't participate here because we discourage attacks against other individuals we don't happen to agree with. Some think it's their right to tell another person they are stupid. It's not. You can tell someone you think they are wrong and you can attack an idea or a situation, but let's not turn against our own, even when you vehemently disagree with them.

If we didn't care about professionalism, it wouldn't be part of our name. Even though some of us may have done some quite unprofessional things in our lives and careers, it in no way diminishes our desire to do better now and into the future.

I will not close this discussion now, but I would like to see it change course. I hope you all understand.

PS: I moved it because it isn't specifically about inspections, but if it becomes so, I'll move it back. :)

8. selvalee

for friendship sake, will wait, one week, are you trying to get me to rant and rave? lose bet? nope, :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :p

9. mike fink

mike fink kING OF THE RIVER Charter Member

SLT last a week, I don't think so.
    lets see if he can last 2 days

Some one just told me that your a life time member of the NICFI.
    And your on there board, how come you always take about this group when your so involved with them.

I also heard the you are doing inspections for an outfit in tampa, under a differant name so no one will know its you LOVE MIKE