forbo training

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by eagleswubbie, May 31, 2014.

1. eagleswubbie

eagleswubbie Pro Member

here i go again ... another week away from my family,this tine for a forbo certification. Just read fine print on email about reserved room a based on 2 bed occupancy:ohno:!!!!! gonna see about getting a room some ware els

2. RFI

RFI Mr. Nefarious Senior Member

Just my two cents, but I would just wait and see what happens. Go into this with a positive attitude. It will pay off.

3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Yeah, being in military and shipped around to schools and duty stations we did that a lot, even in reserves someone checks in your room all times of night, don't miss it a bit.

4. Steve Forbo

Steve Forbo Pro Member

There are a few hotels in the area. You may also want to see what the Fairfield Inn and Suites has online. You might find a good deal since you are booking Monday thru Friday.....
    Download the Forbo manual prior to going ;)
    Steve

5. Omnipotent

Omnipotent Flying Dutchman

How much does forbo charge for the training course?

6. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I like LaQuinta for their free breakfasts.

7. Adroit

Adroit Pro Member

I prefer days inn for work. Its usually only 50 to 60 a night for me. And usually free breakfast. I stayed in Hazelton for a job not too long ago too. Like 2 years ago. I think I stayed at a ramada for 50 a night. I kept asking the trainers "why don't we have real world application and go to my job." Haha it would have been done in like 5 days instead of 15.

8. eagleswubbie

eagleswubbie Pro Member

Well I checked in to a residence Inn right up the street from Forbo!!! Got a 129 a night manager special for a king bed suit They had me bonken up, at least 10 min up 81 at the Hamptons inn !! Omni Forbo is trying a pilot program teaming up with" Employer, manufacture and Union. Forbo is training and overnight accommodations , the employer is paying wages and union is paying benefits . But it's on me to stay at a different location . I didn't read the hole email where it said "accommodations are based on 2 bed occupancy" Question what turbo tip are you guys using on marmoleum ? I have super turbo , Percision Turbo , and detailed tips but I didn't like useing to super turbo tip on Marmoleum as Leo says to use . I was getting some scorching so I always used Percision tip like to know what you guys think. Well i'm excited to get started cause Steve has said this one's for real ,not like the altro flooring certification

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  9. eagleswubbie

eagleswubbie Pro Member

Wooo wee. 11 hr today. Didn't think it would be that long of a day. I believe a few journeyman might have dragged it out today. If the instructor is standing over you and telling you what to do and physically working in your booth Maybe this is to advanced of class . Teacher should tell you what he wants done And to do it this way and that's it , off you go

10. Adroit

Adroit Pro Member

Haha it was intense. I like the master class a little more. There where more qualified people. I was the only one to pass my associate class and the instructors called me speedy Gonzales because I was always doing everything the fastest way possible. They looked at me as more of a colleague than a student. Who where your instructors?

11. eagleswubbie

eagleswubbie Pro Member

Santa Iago and John. Yes I was first one done for 4 different projects but speed was my only enemy. These guy point out the tinyest things ,gule 1/8 away from wall or pattern cuts that you "didn't give any love " ie small crack in door jam ,as john says a whammy . But they had me going ahead and laying out and measuring cuts for tomorrow and cutting out baseball field insets .

12. Adroit

Adroit Pro Member

Huh new class I guess. Johnny Forbo! From Canada. He was a great instructor. When he scribed into the curvy fake wood wall I had taken and changed them out when he wasn't looking. He could not for the life of him figure out what was going on and why his cuts where off

13. ZROSXTY

ZROSXTY Pro Member

So how'd you do? Did Santiago make you guys install the MCT twice?

14. Steve Forbo

Steve Forbo Pro Member

Well??????
    How was your week of torture???? LOL
    Santiago is a great, and thorough teacher. I hope you took away some great information and knowledge from the class.
    For those who don't know, there is NO MORE Master Mechanics class. The only real difference is the lack of Flash Cove and a few higher end details.
    The Associates class is truly hardcore, and not to be taken lightly.
    I spent the last week(going into next week) trying to fix work done by a "certified" guy.
    For all of you that have been certified years ago, you will have to go to an assessment course, pass that, then get an invite to the Associates class. We are getting rid of the "rotten apples" so to speak. There are many guys out there with cards, but they ALL have to be re-certified. Things are changing in a great way at Forbo, and it is all for the betterment of the end user, installer, and Forbo.
    I hope anyone that goes to the class enters with an open mind, and checks their ego at the door. You would be surprised at how many "experienced" installers can't even pass the assessment class.....
    It's time to take this product seriously, and realize that 95+% of failures are due to installers, not the product or glue....
    I will start a new thread of the job I have been "trying" to fix for the last week. It all comes down to basic knowledge, following basic rules, and executing it in the field....
    I hope you passed......
    Steve

15. Steve Forbo

Steve Forbo Pro Member

The floor is already 2 inches thick.....LOL

16. ZROSXTY

ZROSXTY Pro Member

When I went in march santiago and mark were talking about doing a mct install the first day and again the last day to see if you retained the info.

17. eagleswubbie

eagleswubbie Pro Member

Finished class today. Will not know for 4 -6 weeks about results. I know their was 11of us and 10 didn't pass.
    Definitely was a hard class ! 11 hr days

18. eagleswubbie

eagleswubbie Pro Member

We had johnny Forbo an Sentiago GOOD COP BAD COP

19. ZROSXTY

ZROSXTY Pro Member

Interesting. And to think that the assessment program was set into place to weed out the people that didn't know what they were doing and improve the passing rate along with improving the quality of work being done.

20. eagleswubbie

eagleswubbie Pro Member

Yea. Piss me off. Found out they did different assessment We had 20 guys fail are assessment some should of went threw If we had their test everyone could of easily passed