For Sale - National 6280HD Self propelled-Walk behind Demo machine

Discussion in 'Buy & Sell Flooring Tools and Equipment' started by Jmproell1, Jul 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jmproell1

Jmproell1 Pro Member

I'm interested in selling my Demo machine that is in great condition and used only a handful of times.
    I just don't use it enough to justify me keeping it.

I bought it new for 13k
    Maybe another 1,500 in extra attachments and loading ramp which is also included in the price.

I would be willing to sell it for 6k which is a steal for what it is and what they are going for. Even older rental models with tons of hours are selling for $7,500-9k

It's definitely worth every penny if you do a lot of glue down sheet goods removal.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you kindly.
    Jeremy

IMG_4744.JPG IMG_4745.JPG IMG_4746.JPG IMG_4747.JPG IMG_4748.JPG IMG_4749.JPG IMG_4750.JPG IMG_4751.JPG IMG_6767.JPG IMG_6768.JPG

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I don't like mine sitting around either, but for gluedown vinyl plank and smaller areas of gluedown carpet it steps up to the plate and grand slam. The adhesives are left over though and that becomes the problem to remove.

We were jackhammering congoleum Duraceramic with about 80 ft left, I picked up the scraper because it's way easier, along with some other tools as someone thought the floor was ceramic.

The sticky adhesive works great as you can't get a better grip for wheels. So I highly recommend for two types of flooring, other claims are foolish.

Attached Files:

3. Jmproell1

Jmproell1 Pro Member

Couldn't agree more. To be quite honest, it was sold to me from a National rep as a hardwood & ceramic tile Demo machine since I don't remove much glue down carpet or Vinyl. It's an awesome machine for that.

In my opinion, It's worthless for Wood & Tile, hence why I have only used it a handful of times.

However, as I look around for what they are selling for.

Do you think I might have it listed to low?

Thank you for the feedback.

4. Mike Antonetti

Forgot, it's good for vct, though one would gather.

Since you're in California you're more likely to sell faster. I can find a huge range of pricing. I had two and sold one exact style as yours, my sliding weights and their effectiveness I could put in a comedy skit, , there's even a newer style I don't think is any better.

I think 6k is more than fair to the right person performing the said type removals. You've made money from it hopefully, and saved time to make money faster as it allows quicker turnaround to install. Then your sale price may bring it to break even.

I was thinking about renting mine, but trust is an issue(abuse,theft)

Always rent before purchase if possible or do unbiased research.

5. Jmproell1

Jmproell1 Pro Member

I wish I could say I made money from it but I definitely didn't. Just sat at my shop. Only because I don't demo a lot of what it's really designed for.

I really have a sour taste about the whole thing because they are selling this machine as a wood & tile demo machine.
    It's False advertisement in my eyes and that's really the only reason I invested in this machine.
    I specified to the rep what I needed it for Glue down wood & tile.

Yes, shame on me. I will definitely be trying before buying something like this next time.

Appreciate the advice. It's very helpful.

6. Mike Antonetti

How long ago did you get it?
    I'll post some used retail machines for sale if I see em, so yours will be lowest price. Also depends on how long you want to sit on it. Or cut your loss and use money for something that will increase your profit.

Found one, like mine for 2k more. A bit newer, but used more. The sliding weights I don't bother adjusting. But for a machine that will do the same thing yours is 2k $ less.

There's weights for front, you have them?

Maybe Quest will pop in, not sure how far from your location, your state is long also.

Used National 6280HD Walk-Behind Scraper #16506, 15438 | Used Equipment Rates | Tools & Equipment | Quest Building Products

Here's one cheaper but was a rental, not sure about what all it comes with, but when you buy a rental usually nothing comes with it as they use attachments for other units. Notice how he says for tile beds and wood, yeah if they're barely holding on.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  7. Jmproell1

Jmproell1 Pro Member

The first machine you sent a link to was what I was seeing and questioning if I had it priced to low.
    That machine is an older machine as the side weights are oval and the weights on mine are square.

I purchased mine new in 2012-13
    But only used it about 5-6 times.

Never rented however i thought about it. I was too afraid. People just don't take care of stuff.

8. Mike Antonetti

Looks like you do have all the attachments, there's money in them. I like the razor scraper.

The oval weights came out after the square, I sold my square believing the hype of the adjustable weight, putting weight to front on blade, or back for wheels. The oval has continued to the latest model. I was going to double rear wheels like a dually and add more weights, but didn't think the extra effort would work due to it pulling close to 20 amps and the extra strain would just blow circuits.

9. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Additional photos have been added to the first post. Thanks @Jmproell1

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jmproell1

Jmproell1 Pro Member

I stand corrected. I thought it was the other way around.

Sounds like you have quite a bit experience with these machines.
    I may post the machine on Ebay as well.

I appreciate the support.

11. Jmproell1

Jmproell1 Pro Member

Thank you!!!

12. Mike Antonetti

Put it for 7k or more, there's 18 watchers(not me) on this 6280, and yours pivots, not fixed blade.

I offered that turkey 500$ for him S and sent him a note about his lies of the machine. He said he sold it only to be re listed a week later. So you pay fees for ebay, I sold one thing on there, took money out of my account(PayPal) haven't sold anything on there since.

Attached Files:

13. Jmproell1

Jmproell1 Pro Member

Wow.
    He has the regular 6280 for $6,000
    That's a lot.
    Aren't they $8,000 new?

I believe The 6280HD are 13k new

14. Mike Antonetti

That's why it's been sitting, you can try 8k, I'd put it on Craigslist also.

Ebay would be purchase outright or minimum reserve setup versus regular auction bid, there was a clause to pull item if a local sale occurs.

If someone googles Used 6280HD, this site/thread should come up. Then months and years later people will be asking if it's still available.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

But not if the original poster notified me that the item was no longer available. Which they don't usually do. :hu:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor Senior Member

I think it's priced too low. I'd take it off your hands if I didn't already have the other less powerful version of this machine

17. Jmproell1

Jmproell1 Pro Member

Have it listed for more on eBay. Thank you for the info. Sound like you have a rider.
    That, I could have utilized.

18. Mike Antonetti

I would have buyer pay shipping. I don't think you can send it to any state for 100$, more like 500$.

19. Jmproell1

Jmproell1 Pro Member

Yes,
    Thank you for all your feedback. I greatly appreciate it.

There were no options for buyer pays Shipping?

20. Mike Antonetti

I think about selling mine a lot, some good cash, but when I need it I would kick myself, flex blade on chipping hammer is a laborious alternative than pressing a button. Will make someone money, California equipment goes kind of quick.