FOR SALE - 2-National Ride-On Floor Removal Machines

Discussion in 'Buy & Sell Flooring Tools and Equipment' started by MRupp HRCC, Oct 29, 2013.

1. MRupp HRCC

MRupp HRCC Pro Member

1 - National 2900 - High Speed Ride On Floor Removal Machine -Battery Powered
    1 - National 5200 - Quick Load Ride On Floor Removal Machine - Battery Powered

Condition: New/Slightly Used - These machines have very low hours and were used on 1 jobsite in 2010. The Nat2900 was bought new in 2010, and the Nat5200 was purchased in 2009.

Included: Panther Power Pack Batteries, Quick Charge Battery Chargers, Several cutting blades from 12"-27". Rolling Parts and Battery Cart.

Current asking price:
    2900HS - $17,500
    5200QL - $13,000
    If interested in both, will make a good deal.

Please message me with offers and to set up a time to look at the machines if local.

Listing at:
    Floor Removal Ride-On Machine - National 2900 HS and National 5200 QL

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
  2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

So the 5200 has two batteries, and two trays to change out and charge while using one?

3. Mike Antonetti

So I called my distributor who sells National brand and asked off the top of his head what the price for the battery packs are for the 5200QuickLoad, he said @ 2500 a set, so 5k for two sets of new batteries, and used hard should last about a year. I dont have the workload for justification of purchase, if they lasted 3-4 years, I would buy it. I believe it would be perfect for medium sized commercial jobs.

4. HFC

HFC Pro Member

Floor Machines

Do you still have the machines?

5. MRupp HRCC

MRupp HRCC Pro Member

Yes, I still have both of the machines.

6. HFC

HFC Pro Member

Can you please contact me Kalob BAsta (804) 824-7091 that is Haywood Floor Covering so we can talk a little more about these machines.

7. MRupp HRCC

MRupp HRCC Pro Member

Update on Machines

I have sold the National 5200 ride on machine.

The National 2900 is still for sale. It is in excellent condition, and only needs new batteries. Attached to this is a picture of the existing batteries in the machine that need replaced, along with the battery charger that comes with it.

Attached Files:

8. Quality Commercial

Quality Commercial Pro Member

Just curious why the 2900 needs new batteries if it has low hours. I have the 5700 all day battery model and I have 400 hours on it and the batteries are fine.

9. Mike Antonetti

Who bought the 5700? Smart purchase
    The 2900 would be good for rapid demo for night work to get an install crew in quickly or prep crew.
    With all the new technology from the automotive industry, there's got to be better batteries than lead acid.
    If batteries are not maintained on trickle charge or left dead for long period it ruins them.
    They will not run optimum amount of time, say 2 hours and need charge, no choice but to replace. Question is who's got the best quality battery and run time.

10. Russ Graves

Russ Graves Pro Member

I am interested in your 2900. Can you please give me a call 916-837-5401 thank you. Russ

11. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Russ, please follow the instructions in your welcome message.

12. Mike Antonetti

Russ , all I see on market right now is one battery on E bay and about eight propane riders in various sizes and locations.
    Battery one on e bay is listed as floor stripper bms 220, been on there long time for 19.5k
    Floor shows are going on now there may be some used sales from new purchases.

13. MRupp HRCC

MRupp HRCC Pro Member

Update on Floor Machines

I have sold the Nat5200, along with the cart, battery charger and several blades.

The Nat 2900 HS is still for sale. It is is good condition, but the batteries in it are bad and need replaced. I have not invested any money in it to buy new batteries.

(Mike Antonetti - I do not know how to edit the original thread to indicate only 1 floor machine is for sale now).

14. Jim McClain

I did that for you. :)

15. craig leonard

craig leonard Pro Member

2900 national

Do you still have the 2900 avaible? Call or text me @ 518-291-0227 so we can talk about it. Thank you, Craig Leonard

16. Mike Antonetti

SED is selling the 2900 for 21.5k on sale from 26k, (specialty equipment direct) probably other distributors as well have the sale price.
    I guess you have to factor in when you sell it used, so it's not like you loose the 21k which brings down operating cost. Those batteries though ouch!

17. craig leonard

craig leonard Pro Member

Do you still have the 2900? Please let me no thanks,
    Craig Leonard

18. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

I called last week on a 5700 nat
    With all the tools for demo total with shipping was 30,500

A 7700 nat was 37,800

19. Mike Antonetti

I'd consider the innovatech , I haven't ridden any of them, but I would operate both prior to purchase. I've run plenty of forklifts in military and big box stores, retailers. I hear innovatech is smoother , I don't know why forklift manufacturers don't jump in this market with all their expertise.

20. Jim McClain

Be patient, the OP hasn't been online since 2/11. In the mean time, please follow the instructions in your welcome message to get Pro Access.