Floorcovering Estimating Course

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by Jim McClain, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Missing the estimate or not having the knowledge to properly execute an estimate can cost you the sale and more importantly the profit. This course will guide the student through the steps to ensure that they have the understanding of how to do a take-off from a blueprint, how to calculate amounts of material and proper seam placement for carpet and resilient flooring. All types of floor covering will be extensively covered.

December 6th & 7th, 2017
    8:00 to 4:00
    with Jon Namba

Course Outline:
    • Interactive Power-point on Estimating Techniques
    • Hands on involvement with take offs, estimating tools, usage factors and material requirements.
    • Pre-qualify the sale so that the estimate will flow into closing.
    • Samples of different types of flooring, where they will and will not perform
    • Students will take away formulas for estimating as well as a handout to use as a reference guide to keep honing their skills after the class, and to insure that they have the potential for a profitable sale.

Spaces will go quickly, you won’t want to miss this amazing educational opportunity to learn from one of the best in the business. Course will be held at:
    Next Day Floors
    7100 Rutherford Rd
    Baltimore, MD 21244​

John Namba has over 37 years of experience in the floor covering industry. He is an independent industry consultant, trainer and speaker. His background includes roles as an installer, former director of technical services for the World Floor Covering Association and former Executive director of Certified Floor Covering Installers Association, and past president of the NWFA Certified Professionals. John is also a contributor and columnist for as well as the Editorial Director of Floor Covering Installer Magazine.

To register, go to midatlanticfloorcoveringassoc.com, or
    contact Michelle Goshorn at mdnvafa@msn.com or 1-877-896-3605​
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SteveG

SteveG Pro Member

When I was first starting I wish I'd had something like this.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

I wish it were on the west coast and in Canada. I would pay for my sales associates to take it :)

...they are not mine for the record, just the ones I work with.
    • Agree Agree x 1