Floor Inspection Schools

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by Marmo Guy, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Marmo Guy

Marmo Guy Pro Member

I am currently in the marble/stone restoration industry. I have been asked to do a few inspections this year, and limped my way through it. I always like to educate myself as much as possible, I never stop learning or think I know it all!! Are there any recommendations for this industry? Obviously with my background I am looking at the hard surface arena for inspections. I have seen the FCITS in Georgia, was wondering how this is and if there are any others. Thanks.

2. Bud Cline

Bud Cline Tile Expert Charter Member Senior Member Published

Elmer Fudd will know, standby.

I think the Ceramic Tile Education Foundation (CTEF) still offers inspection training for ceramic in South Carolina.

3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Good question, I would like to know a few, and the most credible for Stone specifically.

4. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

5. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Stone forensics I think is doing training. He did a talk in the inspector symposium the day before Surfaces one year. I can't remember his name but is 30 years in the stone trade and very good. He gets called to inspect jobs all over the place. https://www.stoneforensics.com/

6. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

That would be Fred Hueston.

The training is discussed here. https://www.stoneforensics.com/training.html

7. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I was wondering if Fred was teaching an inspection class, that kind of money is up there, but it's got some backing, I don't think I'd want to be the opposition to his knowledge in a courtroom.
    I took his restoration course years ago in Longwood Florida, learned a lot.
    I'd also contact Marble Institute of America for an Entire List of schools.