Flash Cove Installer, with no job looking for flash cove work.

Discussion in 'a Floor Pro Looking For Work' started by icanlayit2, Jun 29, 2017.

1. icanlayit2

icanlayit2 Pro Member

I'm a Commercial Vinyl Installer in Va. I recently shut my installation business down due to several reasons, none of which involve messed up jobs or irs issues or inability. After 20 years of being a sub I'm just tired of the business side. I can flash cove and weld any type of goods. In 20 years i've installed about 1 million yds and welded over a million feet with no failures. I'm open to installing, or teaching how to install--on a jobsite productively. Any offers will be considered. Just looking for the next thing in life. If it be in floors, that's great. If not, it has been fun. Any questions, send me a message. I will travel also. I will show you how it's supposed to be done and pride myself on no punchlist jobs. As a going out in style, Im doing a 400 sq yd, 6 inch metal cap flash cove job as a favor for a local company--Completely Solo.

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I was thinking of you either today or yesterday, hard for me to remember what day is what. Thought you were doing the fire sprinkler thing and moved on like others. Building seems to be going like crazy, I'm not busy but ok so far, starting to pick back up.

Definitely keep you in mind for vinyl welder installer as soon as anything catches my eye.

3. icanlayit2

icanlayit2 Pro Member

I have 2 applications for fire protection work. Flash cove just keeps calling me back. Being one of 2 in the area that knows how to install has been good to me. I keep doing favors for contractors and companies, but i need something steady or permanent.

4. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Your situation is a confirmation of a decision I made near exactly 30 years ago------to settle down for my work career needs in the dead center of one of the English speaking world's largest metropolitan areas.

Considering my skill set I'm not of much value to any..........rural, semi-rural, suburban population that doesn't have a constant demand for many, many million if not billions of square feet/yards per year of COMMERCIAL floor coverings.

In other words........I'd starve to death in Idaho, Nebraska, Alabama, Arkansas, North Dakota, Alaska, New Mexico.............

• Like Like x 1
  5. icanlayit2

icanlayit2 Pro Member

And Virginia, add that to the list.

6. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

I sent you a message. Did you get it? What part of VA are you at?

• Like Like x 1
  7. icanlayit2

icanlayit2 Pro Member

I was planning on calling you First thing in the morning. I'm just outside of Roanoke.

8. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

Great, anytime tomorrow.